nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I thought this was nvnews, not atinews (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5461)

ASCI Blue 12-21-02 10:18 PM

I thought this was nvnews, not atinews

What's the deal with the headlines? I'm seeing more ATi than nVidia. When I want ATi news I go to Rage3d, I come here looking for A..no wait nVidia news.

Kruno 12-21-02 11:14 PM

Well you can ask the Nvnews staff to make up Nvidia news, though I would doubt they would do that.

Nvnews is a 3d video card site, even though mainly for Nvidia hardware.
When there is news about Nvidia then it will be posted.
The staff at Nvnews are not swayed by a bias or bribing AFAIK. :)

They do an excellent job at moderating the forums, posting news and doing reviews.

They try and give people the best and most accurate information as possible along with opinions and variety for the different people who visit.
Nvidia or not.

I was an Nvidia user last week. :)
This week I am an Ati user. I still come here for help if I would ever need any. :)

StealthHawk 12-22-02 01:10 AM

there's no nvidia news to post, lol.

nothing but delays anyway :mad:

R1CH 12-22-02 05:01 AM

Personally I don't mind the ATI tidbits, keeps me up to date on whats happening with the main NV competitor without having to seek out alternate news sources.

PiTHON 12-22-02 11:35 AM

yea, like they really needed to tell me about driver issues with ati.

i was sayin the same thing yesterday, "wtf with all the atinews shizzle" like i should go to intel.com to find out about amd's

Matthyahuw 12-22-02 02:19 PM

hmmm, I'm kinda with you guys, I don't mind ATi news every so often, but ATi driver bug news? I can live without it...Besides, if we were to post about every ATI driver bug, the front page would be HUGE! :p

But this isn't really our site, and it seems to be moving tword a broader hardware aspect, we just have to roll with it I guess...

Uttar 12-23-02 08:17 AM

LOL, good one about ATI driver bugs, Matthyahuw.
Well, I really think what's important is that nV News report nearly all nVidia cards reviews, and not worry too much about specific ATI/Matrox/... cards reviews.

I'm fine with giving reviews of a standard Radeon 9700 Pro. But *please* don't link to reviews of every single Radeon 9x00 card! It's good to know how fast a Radeon 9500 Regular is, but I don't care how fast every single manufacturer Radeon 9500 performs!

What about a filter not to see that type of news if you want? It might save you bandwidth, too :)

BTW, I've got another complain. Why in the world is there a 15000 letters limit? I'm okay for a limit to unable spam, but this is ridiculous! Now I can't post my latest post because it's about 16500 letters :D
Ah well, I'll have to upload it on my new domain and link to it. At least, I'll be using that domain. Been about a week since I got it and still didn't upload anything to it...

Uttar

Kruno 12-23-02 08:49 AM

Dude, no need to right a novel on the forums. ;) :p :D

Sif anyone is going to read it. ;) :p

The Baron 12-23-02 09:52 AM

Hmmmm..... a filtering thing like what you want would probably require a switch from News Publisher to something like Slash.

Probably not a good idea right now... :p

Uttar 12-23-02 09:59 AM

K.I.L.E.R : If enjoy writing huge thingies about nVidia, it's my right to do so! :D And about 20% of it is quotes, anyway. While it's unlikely anyone will read the whole thing, they'll probably read the conclusion.
And they'll find it to be way too biased. Then I'll say that if you read what's above, you'll see that I've got proof it's objective. Then they'll be too lazy to read it all and they'll have to agree with me. Yes, I'm evil ;)

The Baron: Hmm, good point. Ah well, we'll have to live with more ATI news than before, I guess... On the plus side, we no longer have to go to Rage3D. And that's a *really* good thing :p

Uttar

Kruno 12-23-02 10:02 AM

Nah, I will just make up a secret meaning in my post that means something different from what I said. :p

Quote:

Originally posted by Uttar
K.I.L.E.R : If enjoy writing huge thingies about nVidia, it's my right to do so! :D And about 20% of it is quotes, anyway. While it's unlikely anyone will read the whole thing, they'll probably read the conclusion.
And they'll find it to be way too biased. Then I'll say that if you read what's above, you'll see that I've got proof it's objective. Then they'll be too lazy to read it all and they'll have to agree with me. Yes, I'm evil ;)

The Baron: Hmm, good point. Ah well, we'll have to live with more ATI news than before, I guess... On the plus side, we no longer have to go to Rage3D. And that's a *really* good thing :p

Uttar

saturnotaku 12-23-02 10:10 AM

Y'know, Uttar, you could make 2 separate posts and put them up back-to-back. It's not like you do that all the time anyway so I won't see it as any big deal. :)