nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54704)

ruziel 08-05-05 10:56 PM

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/

Developed by Brad McQuaid and Jeff Butler of Verant Interactive, the creators of Everquest, Everquest: The Ruins of Kunark and Everquest: The Scars of Velious. I have been following this game for a long time now and I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads mentioning this game. Read the entire FAQ, you won't regret it.

Sgt_Pitt 08-05-05 11:26 PM

Re: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

wow, this looks very promising :)

|MaguS| 08-06-05 08:20 AM

Yeah I had a nice talk with Brad at E3. This is a game Im waiting for. ;)

nrdstrm 08-07-05 04:39 PM

Yep, I'm waiting on this and DDO...DDO is alot closer to completion, but I'm really wanting to try Vanguard. I wish they wouldn't have had Vanguard running at E3 though. Framerate was horrible, graphics were unfinished, and they had a server problem and couldnt show us the game being played with other people (when I was at thier booth anyway). I would have prefered if they would have just shown a movie, and had it running alot better at next years E3...
Rob

Sorrow 08-09-05 04:09 PM

word around the street is this is going to be an Xbox360 MMO also :D

Let's hope so

ChrisRay 08-09-05 08:02 PM

I dont trust Brad MCquaid as far as I can throw him. When and if he released a well balanced MMORPG. Then I will be enthusiastic about his game and will praise him for it. Until then. I am very dubious of his ability to design a good game without flawed game mechanics. Lets hope he doesnt screw it the game like he screwed up Everquest balance wise. "The Vision" hurt EQ more than anything.

Tygerwoody 08-10-05 03:46 PM

Brad McQuaid is my hero. I remember when I was playing in the first few months of Everquest being released, and i got a GM event Unique item from McQuaid. I was the only person to have it. They never even released it on other servers to my knowledge.

Elderblaze 08-10-05 06:21 PM

Hehe say what you like about Brads "Vision" But at least EQ had one, more then I can say for many modern games.

ChrisRay 08-10-05 07:35 PM

Yup. The Vision all but cost the game any hopes of class balance and destroyed the games combat system to never be repaired. But we can sure be thankful for that. Half of EQ 1's current problems still resolve around verants poor implementation of combat and game dynamics.

lognoronon 08-11-05 01:30 AM

The vision was not good for the game plain and simple. I don't trust brad at all although I would like to be proven wrong. A lot of the pople thinking it was sooo good back then are running into the nostalgia factor. The game really was better off without the vision and as chris said it screws with it to this very day.

|MaguS| 08-11-05 07:25 AM

I played up untill alittle after Planes of Power Expansion and can say that the best times I had with EQ1 were pre luclin. Sure it had its problems but it was fun, both the high end and the middle game... There were always areas with people in them, never had any big empty zones.

Elderblaze 08-11-05 09:15 PM

When he says "pre luclin" he means "Vision Era" and you can harp all you want on EQ 1's combat system but lets face it, it was the FIRST(3D MMO) game of it's kind, they had nothing to go on so i think they did pretty damn well. And all modern games follow the same basic concepts just modified slightly. These people pioneered the genre, good to see they are so well respected :rolleyes: What your doing is paramount to bitching about Doom1's combat.