nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54991)

EternalManifest 08-11-05 11:27 PM

6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
I just ran 3DMark03. First time in along while. Anyone else know their scores so I can compare a little. Make sure I'm getting somewhat average results.

11132 @ 370/1000 +000
11318 @ 380/1000 +186
11482 @ 390/1000 +164
11556 @ 400/1000 +074

11301 @ 370/1100 +000 (+169)
11517 @ 380/1100 +216 (+199)
11695 @ 390/1100 +178 (+213)
11651 @ 400/1100 -044 (+095)

Obviously 390/1100 is my 'sweet spot'.

My rig:
AMD64bit 3000+ @ 2ghz | DFI LAN PARTY UT nForce 3 250gb
1gig OCZ 3200 ram 2.5-3-3-10 | 80gig Wes Dig 8mb cache
GeForce 6800 GT @ 390/1100 | SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat
Logitech 2.1 Z-2200s | Antec TruBlue 430w | Logi MX510
Dual Viewsonic 19" A90f+ UltraBrite CRT'

TierMann 08-12-05 01:35 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
You're looking for this thread http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23080 in Benchmarking Central.

|MaguS| 08-12-05 04:58 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
My sig has my score if you want to compare, our systems are almost alike.

anzak 08-12-05 11:40 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
ORB would give you a far better comparison than asking here at nVnews.

laydback 08-12-05 12:53 PM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
http://webpages.charter.net/laydback/3dmark03.jpg

joshua7 08-13-05 07:11 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
DFI LAN PARTY UT nForce 3 250gb

That explains everything. I have the same board and it just cannot handle my 6800gt properly. Your card could do a lot better with another (Via-based) mobo! I installed an Abit kv8 pro v1.1 and now my card can do 415/1150 easily! Before that the maximum was 375/1150. Some crap in the nf3 chipset...

jimmor 08-14-05 07:43 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalManifest
I just ran 3DMark03. First time in along while. Anyone else know their scores so I can compare a little. Make sure I'm getting somewhat average results.

11132 @ 370/1000 +000
11318 @ 380/1000 +186
11482 @ 390/1000 +164
11556 @ 400/1000 +074

11301 @ 370/1100 +000 (+169)
11517 @ 380/1100 +216 (+199)
11695 @ 390/1100 +178 (+213)
11651 @ 400/1100 -044 (+095)

Obviously 390/1100 is my 'sweet spot'.

My rig:
AMD64bit 3000+ @ 2ghz | DFI LAN PARTY UT nForce 3 250gb
1gig OCZ 3200 ram 2.5-3-3-10 | 80gig Wes Dig 8mb cache
GeForce 6800 GT @ 390/1100 | SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat
Logitech 2.1 Z-2200s | Antec TruBlue 430w | Logi MX510
Dual Viewsonic 19" A90f+ UltraBrite CRT'

Comparisons of vga card scores don't mean anything unless peoples rigs are also comparable.

For example, just tested my A400LE, which has been unlocked to same 12x1,6vp as a 6800gt, and got a 3dmark03 score of 12,982 when running at 390/920.

joshua7 08-14-05 10:30 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmor
Comparisons of vga card scores don't mean anything unless peoples rigs are also comparable.

For example, just tested my A400LE, which has been unlocked to same 12x1,6vp as a 6800gt, and got a 3dmark03 score of 12,982 when running at 390/920.

A 6800gt is 16x6.

laydback 08-14-05 03:14 PM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmor
Comparisons of vga card scores don't mean anything unless peoples rigs are also comparable.

For example, just tested my A400LE, which has been unlocked to same 12x1,6vp as a 6800gt, and got a 3dmark03 score of 12,982 when running at 390/920.

Why does your sig say 13,417? Got a screenshot? I just did a fresh install of 77.77 Forceware WHQL drivers and got 13,260 which still seems low.

http://webpages.charter.net/laydback/77773dmark03.jpg

jimmor 08-14-05 05:57 PM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua7
A 6800gt is 16x6.

You have noticed that I can't obviously read my own sig, which of course says my card is unlocked to 16x1,6vp !

jimmor 08-14-05 06:21 PM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by laydback
Why does your sig say 13,417? Got a screenshot? I just did a fresh install of 77.77 Forceware WHQL drivers and got 13,260 which still seems low.

http://webpages.charter.net/laydback/77773dmark03.jpg

My sig score of 13,417 for 3dmark03 was achieved some time ago with my card at the 425/920 speeds also shown in the sig.

The sig however is a bit outdated since, with a different moded bios at 425/940, I can now achieve a 13,470's score with same driver.

Should have been more, but because of recently being forced to change from a good ASUS mobo to a not so good ABIT mobo, my CPU's stable overclock is currently stuck at 3.85 GHz. Had the asus mobo for a long time and it was a great overclocker, but finally likely died from a bit too much abuse.

jimmor 08-18-05 07:17 AM

Re: 6800 GT 3DMark03 score. Looking for comparisons.
 
2 Attachment(s)
Happy that my modded 6800le 128Mb DDR AGP card now appears stable at 300/425/956; just did 3dmark tests with same 75.90 driver and got the following,

3dMark03 = 13,518.
3dMark05 = 5325.

EDIT:

Also tested with the other programs in my Sig and got the following,

3dMark01se = 23383
Aquamark03 = 73338
Codecreatures1 = 87.1

And with a little extra cooling, all tests in this post were done at my Abit IC7-G's current max stable CPU overclock of 3.875Ghz.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.