nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dungeon Siege II Multiplayer (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55006)

zoomy942 08-12-05 09:16 AM

Dungeon Siege II Multiplayer

i have been searching arouind the web and there isnt very much information on the multiplayer of this game. anyone have it and tried it out?

|MaguS| 08-12-05 09:20 AM

Re: Dungeon Siege II Multiplayer

Well I don't understand why you put it in the MMORPG forum but the MP is basically the same as the originals (basically COOP). Atleast from what I have played of it during the MP Beta. Don't know if there are other modes or something.

zoomy942 08-12-05 09:46 AM

its not a typical mmorpg?

|MaguS| 08-12-05 09:47 AM

Not at all... Its a D2 type game.

zoomy942 08-12-05 09:49 AM

gotcha.. i'll move it. thanks for the heads up:). we can see how long i have been playing RPG's huh?:

BioHazZarD 08-12-05 09:57 AM

It would be like DS1 hack & slash it was not really anything else.

Clay 08-12-05 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomy942
i have been searching arouind the web and there isnt very much information on the multiplayer of this game. anyone have it and tried it out?

I would assume that it will be similar to the MP in the original DS. I like to take things for what they are (not expect a banana to taste like a pineapple or whatever)...in doing so, I really liked DS in both single and MP. My best friend and I played DS MP all the time. It is similar to Diablo but much better IMO on many fronts. DS2 should add to this with the addition of pets (I think they can be in the MP as well). I would like to see the ability to save anywhere and at anytime during a MP session and be able to resume from that exact point. That was not the case in DS as you had to reach the next marker in the game to then save there. Anyway, hope that helps a bit. I'm looking forward to DS2.

|MaguS| 08-12-05 10:09 AM

Well atleast there is someone I will be able to play MP with...

lumpyhed 08-12-05 01:35 PM

Theres no special MP map this time round it seems.

Marcos 08-12-05 02:11 PM

This is as MMO as guild wars.
Oh wait...

Brimstone7 08-12-05 02:22 PM

The main difference between DS1 and its sequel with regards to MP is that in DS2 you're multiplayer party can consist of more than 1 character. So, in the first game you could have a party of 8 in single player but could only use your main character in the MP aspect. In DS2 I believe you can use 2 or perhaps more characters in the multiplayer mode. This lowers the number of people that can join the game, however, so you can't have huge 8-player slaughterfests where each player controlls 6 characters, though that would be VERY interesting...