nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58184)

Lfctony 10-15-05 01:06 AM

Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/atta...1&d=1129358059

*Official web page: LINK

*Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games

*Developer: Monolith

*Genre: Modern First-Person Shooter

*Release date: October 18

*Story/Description:

Quote:

In F.E.A.R., you are the newest member of the military's elite First Encounter Assault Recon team, tasked with investigating, and dealing with, paranormal threats. You're in for a heck of a first day on the job, too, because you and your team are sent in after Paxton Fettel, a rogue officer, who takes command of a battalion of elite, cloned soldiers and sets them loose in the confines of a city. Yet that's but the tip of the iceberg in terms of the plot. What made Fettel go insane? What are they trying to accomplish? And what the heck is up with that freaky, ghostly little girl who keeps cropping up in the corner of your eye? The answers to all these questions are, hopefully, almost here.

Multiplayer: YES

Minimum System Requirements:

*Operating System: Windows® XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
*Processor: Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
*RAM: 512MB of RAM or more
*SUPPORTED CHIPSETS
ATI® Radeon® 9000 Series, Radeon® 9500 Series, Radeon® 9600 Series, Radeon® 9700 Series, Radeon® 9800 Series, Radeon® X600 Series, Radeon® X700 Series, Radeon® X800 Series, Radeon® X850 Series, Nvidia GeForce™ 4Ti Series, GeForce™ FX 5900 Series, 6000 Series, 6800 Series, 7800 Series
*Hard Drive: 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation; Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files.
*CD-ROM: DVD-ROM
*Processor: 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0

Well, since we'll be getting a thread sooner or later, I thought I should enter the dance first(Mods should change the name as they see fit or merge the thread). I came home a while ago, after paying a visit to my local games retailer. For once, we got a game on it's release date, or in this case, a bit early too. Installed just now and started it up. Boy, this is one creepy game.

Also, regarding the benchmarks discussed in another thread, there doesn't seem to be any difference with the FPS experienced in the MP demo of the game. Perhaps it's limited in some way.

Anyway, back to the game, AA seems to work without problems now. Nothing weird(besides apparitions :p ) experienced so far.

Tony.

Mr. Hunt 10-15-05 01:08 AM

Re: *** F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Guess I should check my local stores tomorrow myself... hmmm :\.

macatak 10-15-05 01:09 AM

Can you tell me how many MP maps there are and the names ? I know there's Factory, Contruction, Office, Docks so far.
thx

btw, lucky b%$#*$!d :D, gotta wait till Tuesday here in Au

ps. should of put "Official" in the Topic :)

jAkUp 10-15-05 01:15 AM

Walmart has them IN STOCK.

I went today, and tried to purchase one. I had it in my hand and went up to the counter. When I tried to buy it, the computer kept flagging saying "no sale" it would not go through. :(

I wonder though... I tried to purchase that in the electronics dept., If I walked all the way to the front, and tried to buy it there... I wonder if it would be any different...

Lfctony 10-15-05 01:22 AM

Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Total of MP maps is 8:

Campus 8-16
Construction 6-12
Docks 4-8
Evacuation 6-12
Factory 8-16
Hightech 2-6
Office 4-8
Refinery 2-6

macatak 10-15-05 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony
Total of MP maps is 8:

Campus 8-16
Construction 6-12
Docks 4-8
Evacuation 6-12
Factory 8-16
Hightech 2-6
Office 4-8
Refinery 2-6

Thx

hmm, wonder what happened to Facility ? didn't like it anyway

Lfctony 10-15-05 01:29 AM

Well, I went back and checked. If you change the mode to CTF, you only have 2 maps available, Facility and Streets, both 6-16 players. That would bring the total to 10.

:)

Blade 10-15-05 04:47 AM

Got it here in UK, arrived on my doormat this a.m from gameplay.co.uk on pre order.

macatak 10-15-05 04:50 AM

yeah, looks like there was a few stores around the world that broke the release date, here in AU people have been able to buy the DVD Directors Edition as well, unfortunately no stores near me have done the same..heh, i ran 'em all

lightman 10-15-05 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony
Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio

No 16:10 ? That sucks. I think I'll skip this one. Sorry, but I haven't got a Apple CD 20" to play with two black areas on the screen.

Bah.

|JuiceZ| 10-15-05 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightman
No 16:10 ? That sucks. I think I'll skip this one. Sorry, but I haven't got a Apple CD 20" to play with two black areas on the screen.

Bah.

There's a workaround for us widescreen folk, gotta edit this file:

Code:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR\settings.cfg"

"ScreenWidth" "1680"
"ScreenHeight" "1050"

Ok Lfctony we're all jealous now, so what you waiting on to upload some new screenies man? :D

lightman 10-15-05 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
There's a workaround for us widescreen folk, gotta edit this file:

Cool, thx :D

Btw, another question... Does it use StarForce or not ? I hate SF. It's such a pain in the ass, I simply hate having to put the damn cd/dvd in the player everytime I want to launch the game...