nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   *** Official Lost Coast Feedback Thread *** (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58879)

BioHazZarD 10-27-05 07:00 PM

*** Official Lost Coast Feedback Thread ***

Fresh on halflife2.net Doug said that it will be released in a few moments.

It's official. The Lost Coast will be released this evening (in a few moments actually). As you all should know, The Lost Coast is free for all owners of Half-Life 2.

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Ma...2LC_PlayItNow/

Though anyone can play it on their lower-end system, to appreciate the full benefits of The Lost Coast, you will need a high end machine to play. Lost Coast features some excellent graphical features including HDR, double resolution textures and much higher-polygon models (and much more).

The Lost Coast will contain around 15 minutes of brand new game play, set around parts of the City 17 coastal area that was originally cut from the game.

Requirements:
CPU: a 2.6Ghz Intel, or AMD 2800+
Memory: 1GB or better
Video: ATI x800 or better, or Nvidia 6800 or better.

LiquidX 10-27-05 07:13 PM

Re: Lost Coast -- Release is Imminent

Ok fixed, just one of those Steam moments. Downloading now.:)

saturnotaku 10-27-05 07:17 PM

I'm downloading it right now. Though it said that my CPU didn't meet the minimum requirements in spite of the fact that the minimum is 2.2 GHz and that's exactly what the A64 3500+ is rated at. :retard:

BioHazZarD 10-27-05 07:19 PM

remove cllientregistrty.blob im installing now its out woho :D

Rakeesh 10-27-05 07:21 PM

15 minutes of play? Hmm...I was somehow under the impression that it would be longer, somewhere around two hours or so.

Morrow 10-27-05 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
15 minutes of play? Hmm...I was somehow under the impression that it would be longer, somewhere around two hours or so.

You certainly confused Lost Coast with the HL2 add-on called "Aftermath" which will include 2-3 hours of gameplay.

The Lost Coast was always confirmed being just one map (and not a whole chapter as some people believed) and about 15min of gameplay.

$n][pErMan 10-27-05 07:29 PM

Quote:

You certainly confused Lost Coast with the HL2 add-on called "Aftermath" which will include 2-3 hours of gameplay.
Aftermath is only going to be 2-3hours of play?!?! Better only cost like $6 or something. I could get more out of a movie.... :(

superklye 10-27-05 07:30 PM

Quote:

Wow, yeah, I was under the same impression. Yeesh.

Well, at least we know all the delays were worth it... :rolleyes2

Rakeesh 10-27-05 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $n][pErMan
Aftermath is only going to be 2-3hours of play?!?! Better only cost like $6 or something. I could get more out of a movie.... :(

Yeah no kidding. This is one reason why I don't really like valve that much. They keep their fans waiting with baited breath for a long ass time for something that they always promise to be coming "really soon," and when it shows up way later than they say, it turns out to be much less than you would otherwise have expected. Granted this one is free, but even their games that they charge money for do this. (CS:CZ is the best example)

And now aftermath is only 2-3 hours? I'm sorry, but somebody has to say it: that is assanine. Especially if it is going to take them over a year to produce that two-three hours worth of content.

superklye 10-27-05 07:37 PM

Quote:

And now aftermath is only 2-3 hours? I'm sorry, but somebody has to say it: that is assanine. Especially if it is going to take them over a year to produce that two-three hours worth of content.

And charge $20-30 for it.

Rakeesh 10-27-05 07:42 PM

Hmm...you know, I bet if you add up all of the trailers valve has produced for this, you'll probably have 15 minutes. Or at least if you include the amount of time that it takes to download these trailers off of public servers. (come to think of it, who produces a trailer for anything that is only 15 minutes long?)

jAkUp 10-27-05 07:43 PM

Enough.

This will not be another "bash valve" thread. We have enough of those already.

This is a feedback thread for Lost Coast.