nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ASUS N6600GT 128mb (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58890)

MyCardSuXXors 10-27-05 09:17 PM

ASUS N6600GT 128mb

Hi All,

I got my NEW ASUS N6600GT card. I unistall my old gfx card driver, i turn off my computer.. unplug it.. strap on my anti static cables... pull out the card.. Put in My new ASUS N6600GT 128mb Card. Start it up.. Operating system error.. computer will no longer start.. i run a repair off the windows xp pro service pack 2 cd.. and it doesnt fix it. I have to reinstall losing lots of important data in the process. Geeee Thanks ASUS so far im really stoked with your product. Ok now i have a brand new install of XP.. with service pack 2. Now it starts up.. great.. im getting somewhere... then i try to play a game... wow it wont start my computer stalls then turns itself off.. it does this five or six times.. finally the game works.. YAY!.. and it continues to work for every game. Then i turn it off.. later i power it up... try a game.. it stalls and crashes.. five reboots later it works.. WTF.. and yes i have the molex connector connected by the way. OK.. ive also got the latest drivers and it still does it.. Funny thing is my mate just got one too.. it did the same.. wrecked his O/S now crashes on evey game saying.. There was an error ...

After starting up my computer 5 times a day for the last 2 months ive reached the final straw so i came here. I have tried talking to people on the ASUS forums but ASUS just ignores me.

Im hoping someone hear can provide a reolution to this rpoblem or at least explain why its doing this.

here are my specs:

Pentium 4 1600mhz processor
512mb of ram
60gb Hardrive.
VERY DODGY ASUS GT6600 128mb gfx card.

My mates computer which does exactly the same thing is:

AMD Athlon 2400+
1 Gb of DDR Ram
80 Gb Hardrive
VERY DODGY ASUS GT6600 128mb gfx card.

saturnotaku 10-27-05 10:06 PM

Re: ASUS N6600GT 128mb

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyCardSuXXors
I have to reinstall losing lots of important data in the process.

I don't suppose it occured to you to back up your data before the upgrade?

Anyway, power supply, video card driver and BIOS information would be helpful. Far as power supply, what brand/total wattage is it? What is its +12v rating? Since the card is apparently not working in another system, it's probably the cause and you should see if you can return it to the place you bought it from.

Gentle 10-29-05 08:25 PM

Look on the power supplies that you have used for the specification sticker.

It will list the various "rails" and the amperage for each one.

Please tell us the +12v rail amperage rating for both.

Gentle

NightFire 10-29-05 08:33 PM

Are you and your friend using the same card? Or did you two buy the same type of card from the same seller? If it is the latter, two coincedentally bad cards would be highly unlikely, and, as such, could be a system error. If it is the former, there might be something wrong with the card, but still could be a system problem without further data.

MyCardSuXXors 11-01-05 07:56 PM

Input - 100-127v ~ /5A
50/60Hz 200-240v ~ /3A (dont think these details matter)

Says: Output
Max Power
190w

We have two different cards.. but same make and model.
Please tell me if i need more info Gentle, and thanks for your help.

Infinity666 11-01-05 09:05 PM

The problem might be that p.o.s powersupply trust me a crappy powersupply can ruin everything. it never occured to ever upgrade my old 200w when I bought my 6600gt and it ended up lighting a capacitor that controlled the usb on fire now i use a good 500watt see if you friends power supply is as bad you should have at least a 350-400w powersupply