nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Star Wars Galaxies - New Game Enhancements (NGE) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59328)

Amuro 11-04-05 06:55 AM

Star Wars Galaxies - New Game Enhancements (NGE)

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...0GENERAL%20FAQ

Looks like SWG will become a completely different game. I used to play it but quit after the combat upgrade, and I'm thinking about going back after NGE goes live on the 15th to see if I like it or not.

|MaguS| 11-04-05 07:19 AM

Re: Star Wars Galaxies - New Game Enhancements (NGE)

I was thinking about activating my account when it goes live just to see the difference.

Slybri 11-10-05 08:29 PM

Do you guys honestly trust SOE to do something right with SWG? The whole game is flawed to the core. Now they're gonna try and make it into WOW?
I played the thing for 3 months and every session was shocked at how horribly designed it was. (The space part was kinda fun though.)
I still read the SWG forums every now and then for kicks and the players ain't happy with this news. Sony's basically taking a game that they bought and paid for and changing it to another game altogether...again. Screw your old subscribers to get new subscribers, thats the SOE way.

They should leave SWG the same for the hardcore gamers who still play it and start working on a seperate SWG2: Worlds of Starwarscraft.

Vagrant Zero 11-10-05 08:59 PM

I was expecting Twi'Lek Boobies.

MrSavoy 11-10-05 09:29 PM

Guys I have been a regular SWG player for over a year and a half. I have a full template Jedi and have been here for all the changes. I have seen it all pre CU, post CU and this crap NGE. Let me just say I have tried out the NGE on the various test servers since last week and let me just say IT SUCKS.

This game will be completely and utterly destroyed when they put this through on Nov 15th. I will most likely be cancelling my account and I hate SOE for it. The way the NGE is setup is like a hybrid 1st-3rd person shooter/MMORPG and it completely sucks.

They ruined what I and many other vets of the game liked and I will be canceling more than likely. I recomend staying as far away from this pos as you can. I will most likely do the same as of next week. It saddens me to say this since I have had many many months of fun, but thats the deal. :(

Gorion 11-11-05 11:12 AM

I never made it past Beta. That was enough for me.

|JuiceZ| 11-11-05 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorion

Played it for two months on a trial subscription after it went retail. SWG should have stayed in 'beta' for another yr as far as I'm concerned. That was the most buggy game I've ever played in my life.

DaveW 11-11-05 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorion

Thats cool, coz the game never made it past Beta either.

I played it for a few months mostly in crafting professions: Droid Engineer, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith etc. I'd get so far into my chosen profession and always run into a bunch of stuff that was broken, or in the case of Droid Engineer, completely unfinished. Nothing like entire branches of the skill tree that are completely useless.

The day I quit is when they broke armor with a patch. All types of people armor and droid armor broke and had no protective benefits. This was a bug well know in the test center. The whole community knew it about it. SOE knew about it. But they still deployed the patch anyway knowing it would break an entire profession. How can you knowingly deploy a change that you know will break a good portion of the software? If I did that in my job I would be fired!

The game was totally unbalanced too. When I was playing it creature handlers pretty much owned the game. Everyone was running around with baby rancors etc. Nobody used droids because they all sucked for combat. It was more like pokemon wars than star wars.

Loot and dungeons were crap too. I did several of them only to find three containers at the end, one contained some useless item (e.g. a blaster pistol barrel or some ore), the other two were maglock containers which at the time nobody could open... Yeah, you put a bunch of containers in the game but forgot to include the skill, tool or craft necessary to open them... good job douchbags. I bet that issue had been around since the beta too.

Lazaredz 11-13-05 11:56 AM

Wow. After just glancing at the page, this looks NOTHING like the SWG I remember. Levels????? Jedi character class as a choice???

No idea what they did, but sounds like they have completely given up on the original gameplay ideas. For all its problems, I kinda enjoyed SWG.

Maybe if they give away a free 2 week trial I MIGHT take a look at it (since it seems that this is basicly a TOTALLY new game).

Lazaredz 11-14-05 07:06 AM

Anyone know if there are plans for a free trial?

Ninja Prime 11-14-05 03:25 PM

Umm, don't they see the population suddenly becoming like 50%+ jedi now that you can just pick it as a class?

Marcos 11-15-05 12:36 PM

sucks to be those people that spent the 1000+ hours to become a jedi