nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NVIDIA 6600 GT pixelated static...tried everything. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59369)

wcarlson1973 11-04-05 09:14 PM

NVIDIA 6600 GT pixelated static...tried everything.

I have a problem with my display.Pixelated “static” appears whenever I run games.
Otherwise, it runs fine with desktop and other programs. It happens when I run any of
the many games I own.
My system has a NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
Screen shots:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ix/screen2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ix/screen1.jpg

I have all of the current drivers and have done all of the testing possible.
I was wondering if anyone that is knowledgeable has seen this before.
I uninstalled all drivers, uninstalled all games. I then reinstalled the drivers (did this process several times using archived as well as recent drivers) then reinstalled the games. NO dice.

My next step is getting rid of the card, so please, any thoughts would
be deeply appreciated.

Wilma Tuti Carlsson

PS other sys info:
RAM 512 MB
AMD Athlon64 processor 3200+ , MMX, 3D now, 2.0 ghz
direct x 9.0c

shoman24v 11-04-05 10:26 PM

Re: NVIDIA 6600 GT pixelated static...tried everything.

I'm gonna have to say you have a bad video card. Can you RMA it?

CaptNKILL 11-04-05 10:28 PM

Yeah it looks bad... at the very least overheating, but I think thats a stretch. Your card probably needs replaced.

Sorry :(

Infinity666 11-04-05 11:21 PM

What are your temps? mine runs around 40 idle ad never over 65 have you ever oc'ed the card?

egyteam 11-05-05 12:25 AM

try to reseat the card

wcarlson1973 11-05-05 12:40 AM

I have never let it get hot personally but I have only had it for several DAYS. It sits around 70 degrees and rarely rises more than 2 degrees. I bought the card off of someone. Mind you, it worked fine for a few days. I installed Battlefront 2, that worked fine. Slowly the pixelation got worse each time I played. WIthin about 24 hours it had gone to what you see now. The weird thing is though that I can watch DVDs and look at anything, as long as it is not a game. Odd.

Reseat the card? You mean taking it out and putting it back in? I did that. Like I said, I've tried anything I can think of...over and over.

I erased all drivers, as stated in the initial post, went back, uninstalled the card. I reset the computer, uninstalled all games, reinstalled drivers, same problem is there.

Hyper s 11-05-05 08:57 AM

New videocard BIOS with safer timings can help you.Try BIOS from: Leadtek,Gigabyte or reference.
But be carefull not everyone can match your card.

wcarlson1973 11-05-05 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper s
New videocard BIOS with safer timings can help you.Try BIOS from: Leadtek,Gigabyte or reference.
But be carefull not everyone can match your card.

Yeah, I definitely feel it is a bios issue given DVDs, any video editing, 32 bit photo editing, the desktop and everything else is perfect. I will look into it and get back if it doesn't work or if I find it a bit confusing (sorry, I am pretty knowledgeable about some things but others are new to me)...thanks for your help.

I am at the leadtek site. Can someone PLEASE help me by giving me a specific link and at least a loose set of guidance toward which one I can use to check my card with? I am at leadtek, I clicked on video bios, got to geforce 6600...and am downloading the program it has there. I am not sure if the thing that says "drivers" and the "bios" link that got me there is the same thing. Sorry to sound stupid, but any specifics would help.

thanks

- wc

wcarlson1973 11-05-05 06:13 PM

I take that back...when I go into DVDs the menu is fine and the beginning video. Then when the actual movie itself starts, I get the same exact pixelation. I tried downloading the bios driver thing from and when i installed it, it said in really bad, broken english "it not be maybe leadtek product" or something really screwed up.

wcarlson1973 11-06-05 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcarlson1973
I take that back...when I go into DVDs the menu is fine and the beginning video. Then when the actual movie itself starts, I get the same exact pixelation. I tried downloading the bios driver thing from and when i installed it, it said in really bad, broken english "it not be maybe leadtek product" or something really screwed up.

Could the message "ultra bios 66" not installed have anything to do with it? Probably not...just don't know what that means. I also went in and installed Java today and when Java control panel comes up it does that pixelation. I also tried running limewire which is only a simple browser program and it did pixelation. Any ideas, guys?