nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59671)

angshuman 11-10-05 09:56 PM

Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
PvE monsters (and henchmen) now run away from AoE spells. This "minor" modification has practically rendered Fire Storm and Meteor Storm useless, and in turn drastically reduced the effectiveness of the all-too-popular PvE Fire Nuker build.

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html

ST:DS9 11-11-05 09:19 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by angshuman
PvE monsters (and henchmen) now run away from AoE spells. This "minor" modification has practically rendered Fire Storm and Meteor Storm useless, and in turn drastically reduced the effectiveness of the all-too-popular PvE Fire Nuker build.

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html

Not really, now that fire nuker is going to have to rely on thier teamates to keep the monsters in the AoE, which there are many ways to do this. I like this change, and makes more of a challenge.

Tygerwoody 11-11-05 09:23 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
people still play this game? :confused:

superklye 11-11-05 09:33 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
people still play this game? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. My collector's edition is just staring at me from my shelve, begging to be reinstalled.

ST:DS9 11-11-05 10:20 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
I was thinking the same thing. My collector's edition is just staring at me from my shelve, begging to be reinstalled.


heck, my guild has 83 people and about 71 of them are active and play anywhere from 2-7 days a week. We have some weekenders who only play on the weekends. We actually have 100 in our guild, but 17 of them own 2 copies of the game. About 50 of them have been playing the game since release, and about 20 of them have been playing since the Beta weekends, which is where the Guild got formed. Funny thing is we mostly play PVE, but there are about a dozen of us who actively play PVP on the weekends.

ST:DS9 11-12-05 12:09 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
They changed it. Now they wont run away until after they get hit a couple of times, instead of running away when the caster is casting the spell.

zoomy942 11-12-05 12:29 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
i stopped playing this game for a wgile but i recently picked it back up. man, i forgot how much fun ot was.

anyway, i dont like the update too much, but i have adjusted. the trick is to cast meteor storm foirst, then searing heat. they run away but not far enough away from searing heat so they still get cooked. or cast metoer storm and then metoer to make sure they cant move:) i just got done doing 4 hours of the UW, so fire magic does okay still. i cant beleiev how far we got in UW, we just went thorugh and started cleaing it out. amazing. i can post some pics if anyone wants.

ST:DS9 11-12-05 02:24 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Well I also have noticed, that in the heat of battle the monster may not move out of the AoE. With this update the monsters are acting more like human players, because even human players move out of the AoE, unless they feel they are alright in that AoE and keep on fighting.

superklye 11-12-05 03:08 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomy942
i stopped playing this game for a wgile but i recently picked it back up. man, i forgot how much fun ot was.

anyway, i dont like the update too much, but i have adjusted. the trick is to cast meteor storm foirst, then searing heat. they run away but not far enough away from searing heat so they still get cooked. or cast metoer storm and then metoer to make sure they cant move:) i just got done doing 4 hours of the UW, so fire magic does okay still. i cant beleiev how far we got in UW, we just went thorugh and started cleaing it out. amazing. i can post some pics if anyone wants.

Paul, I fukcing love you. Why? because, even if you aren't, you type like yu're wasted (like i awm now).

GOOD MAN!

zoomy942 11-12-05 08:53 AM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
Paul, I fukcing love you. Why? because, even if you aren't, you type like yu're wasted (like i awm now).

GOOD MAN!

haha. it was midnight, and i had been playing guild wars for a while.. so i was pretty darned tired:)

superklye 11-12-05 12:24 PM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomy942
haha. it was midnight, and i had been playing guild wars for a while.. so i was pretty darned tired:)

hahaha, I'm just giving you crap man, that's all. :) I shouldn't talk...I couldn't see straight last night when I typed that message. I'm surprised it came out so well.

Vagrant Zero 11-12-05 03:49 PM

Re: Guild Wars PvE update - Eles get the boot
 
Well My Warrior Elem just got assfraked. Should have gone Warrior Monk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.