nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thank You Nvidia for providing rock solid Linux Driver support! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62135)

jrv2kgt-s 12-24-05 11:21 AM

Thank You Nvidia for providing rock solid Linux Driver support!

To Nvidia Software Support Staff:

I would like to thank Nvidia for providing such excellent support for your products. I used to be a die hard Matrox fan until Matrox thought it wasn't in best interests at the time to release Linux drivers for their Parhelia series graphic cards (they do now, but it's buggy). Upon realizing this, I made the change to your 6800 series. Since the change I've been impressed ever since. Not only is the product better, but the support far exceeds the scope that Matrox was able to provide. Thank you again and have a Merry Christmas.

DeLorean 12-24-05 06:50 PM

Re: Thank You Nvidia for providing rock solid Linux Driver support!

They do catch a lot of flak here. Generally, people only post to complain, and those of us that are happy tend to not say much.

I'll sign on to the list of folks for whom the new drivers are working well. 81.74 was a long time coming, with 81.78 pretty quick on its heels. The results I've seen so far have been great. This isn't to downplay the problems some people are seeing, but a big "Thank You!" from the rest of us wouldn't hurt.

a12ctic 12-24-05 07:01 PM

i love the linux drivers, they work so great, especialy when compared to ati's linux drivers...

Spyke 12-24-05 07:11 PM

I've never ever had a bad experience with NVIDIA's Linux drivers, including renderaccel, fastwrites enabled, etc all. My 6800GT has worked flawlessly on 3 different motherboard chipsets for over a period of a year and I couldn't be more happy.

The only time I had a problem was when there was a bug with KT400 chipsets, and zander was right there to help me, fixed the bug, and gave me a set of beta's to try, and it worked flawlessly.

With that kind of experience with NVIDIA, who can be more happy?

They are doing a great job.

nukem 12-24-05 11:09 PM

I must say ive had great experience with the Linux nvidia drivers, the only problem ive ever had is the XiD error on my old 5900 Ultra, which my gf says has gone away(I gave it to her when I upgraded to a 7800 GT). Infact ive had such a great experience with them that when ever anyone needs a gfx card I suggest nvidia(currently from evga) and now every running desktop in my house has a nvidia card.

gnutux 12-24-05 11:17 PM

never had a single problem, it works better than the Windows counterpart too ;)

gnutux

Anthaus 12-25-05 11:43 AM

I think I owe this to all the hard working folks at nvidia. Thank you for these drivers. They have always worked flawlessly for me.

kmike 12-25-05 03:12 PM

For me, NVIDIA drivers in Linux work much much better than Win32 drivers in Windows 98. Thank you NVIDIA Linux team!

LubosD 12-25-05 03:26 PM

6xxx drivers were pretty screwed up (for 6xxx cards) but since 7xxx everything is fine :)

fhj52 12-26-05 03:25 AM

Ditto.

It has been and continues to be the primary reason that nVidia is chosen over all other brands.

Happy Holidays!

PeaceFaker 12-26-05 04:45 AM

Another satisfied nVidia linux user here, am currently on a FX5900XT since my 6600GT 256MB shorted out just before x-mas and i am waiting for the replacement card.

Consumer 3D stereo would be nice, considering i bought a pair of 3D glasses to test(they were cheap) just before i made the full switch from win to linux about 2 years ago, never got to fully test them.

hotbelgo 01-04-06 02:23 AM

I can't claim to be satisfied until they provide working tv-in support for personal cinema cards - I feel utterly deceived by the purported Linux-friendliness of nVidia and bought a card that I have yet to see working!