nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WoW paladins (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62229)

lIqUID 12-26-05 04:35 PM

WoW paladins

this movie is hilarious and so true...
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Y...0of%20warcraft

funny thing is I actually have a 60 paladin, and made a troll shaman when I came back months ago.

UDawg 12-28-05 03:13 PM

Re: WoW paladins

I hate palidins and shammies. I can't wait for 1.9 patch when shammies don't take any damage....

Pallies are only good for buffbots. I know of only a very small handfull that know how to raid. When they come in to my guild I train them how to play their charater so they don't WIPE US. Nothing pisses me off more than when I am tanking a boss and a pally with penis envy thinks stealing aggro is fun or consecration is cool when it breaks sheeps and traps. Just sit back and let the grown ups do our work. The ones who can play their class are very usefull.

Shammies on the other hand suck.

Redshirt #24 12-28-05 05:32 PM

Sounds like a lot of twinks on whichever server that is...it happens. (Though shamans really are the beloved firstborn of WoW, for better or worse.)

Speaking for myself, with my L54 pally...I may not be a combat god, but I at least know enough to (nearly all the time) not hit the sheep. Yeah, I buff. It's only fair. And generally if I'm in a party (unless we're dealing with undead or demons--go figure) I don't hold aggro anyway--usually the lawnmowers do, which at least allows me to off-tank a bit and chip away at whatever. It took a while for me to learn "Hey, just charging around that corner is usually a bad thing."

lIqUID 12-28-05 10:34 PM

when I quit the first part of the year I was in denial of my true role (buff/cleansebot) since returning to WOW months ago I finally accepted the fact I wasnt a warrior with heals, and I now sit in the back with the priests/casters in raids cleansing and healing. I know there are plenty of tards who give our class a bad name by trying to be warrior wannabes, but Liq from the guild Talionis on Frostwolf aint one of them (xmasgrin)

Redshirt #24 12-29-05 04:06 AM

We'll never be full-on main tanks the way they can, no. There are occasions, at least up until about my level, where we can off-tank or even main-tank--but once you hit endgame (and I think the real start of that is Dire Maul), well...poof.

UDawg 12-29-05 12:31 PM

That is what gets me. Each class has a roll. If you stay with-in your roll things will go nicely. The reason I pick on pallies is because they think they are warriors and as you both rightly pointed out they are not. I don't pretend my battleshout can buff the raid. :D Everytime I get in a raid with a new 60 pally there is always trouble. He comes in with his green geared arss and talks smack while he pulls. I usually end up booting them out of the raid. This is a mentality that only pallies have because of their ability to wear plate.

What I hate it dueling pallies. I can't kick their ass with 6 swings while they are doing almost nothing to me. Then they put up that stupid shield and heal them selves full. As a result I don't duel them.

vampireuk 12-29-05 12:35 PM

Quote:

What I hate it dueling pallies. I can't kick their ass with 6 swings while they are doing almost nothing to me. Then they put up that stupid shield and heal them selves full. As a result I don't duel them.
I had a duel with a paladin that lasted a good 5 minutes until he ran out of shields and mana, then I smacked him down. :D

Redshirt #24 12-29-05 05:33 PM

That's our hole card (assuming it doesn't get completely hosed in next week's uberpatch 1.9): we can usually stand up and take more outright raw punishment than damn near any other class. At least Protection-spec or Holy spec, anyway...this is how I managed to outlive my entire party by about a solid minute during my first run at Princess Theradras in Maraudon. The bubble is your friend. Love the bubble. :)

EDIT: by the same token...if we even had half the attack stuff people originally wanted, we'd be giving high-level warriors serious, serious competition. And perhaps that was the point...

lIqUID 12-29-05 07:37 PM

I cant remember the last time I lost a duel to a warrior heh. Ive got it down now to where I dont even have to shield against them. This is if they arent MC/BWL geared, as I only have full tier0 besides pvp boots/gloves and The Unstoppable Force as my only epic piece of equipment.

UDawg 12-29-05 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshirt #24
That's our hole card (assuming it doesn't get completely hosed in next week's uberpatch 1.9): we can usually stand up and take more outright raw punishment than damn near any other class. At least Protection-spec or Holy spec, anyway...this is how I managed to outlive my entire party by about a solid minute during my first run at Princess Theradras in Maraudon. The bubble is your friend. Love the bubble. :)

EDIT: by the same token...if we even had half the attack stuff people originally wanted, we'd be giving high-level warriors serious, serious competition. And perhaps that was the point...

No you can't. You can only heal but a defence warrior can take more punishment than a pally. Warriors can take the most damage by far. Healing is not taking damage.

vampireuk 12-30-05 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
I cant remember the last time I lost a duel to a warrior heh. Ive got it down now to where I dont even have to shield against them. This is if they arent MC/BWL geared, as I only have full tier0 besides pvp boots/gloves and The Unstoppable Force as my only epic piece of equipment.

Then you play against some sucky warriors ;)

lIqUID 12-30-05 04:37 PM

nah, some of our realms top guilds warriors. I usually beat other pallies as well, so long as they arent some uber epic nerds.
I am copied over on the test server if any alli warriors want a dual. It might be tougher now since we got gimped in 1.9, but Im still beating well geared warriors on test server.