nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Signature guidelines (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62330)

Sazar 12-28-05 11:03 AM

Signature guidelines

I know we've had a thread or two on this before but today while on the forums I noticed a coupla GINORMOUS sigs.

Could it be made a recommendation, or even mandatory, to have a horizontal style signature rather than vertical?

The vertical ones take up loads of space, even on a big screen and serve no purpose a horizontal signature would not achieve.

:)

saturnotaku 12-28-05 11:31 AM

Re: Signature guidelines

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar
Could it be made a recommendation, or even mandatory, to have a horizontal style signature rather than vertical?

I would agree with that and even entertain the notion that the smaller font be required (yes, I would change mine if that were the case so don't bother pointing it out (xmastong)).

crainger 12-28-05 02:32 PM

I agree

I've just changed mine and it looks pretty snazzy. :)

MikeC 12-28-05 03:11 PM

I checked the vBulletin forum and one of their developers posted some code that will cause each user's signature to be shown only on their first post on each page.

I'll keep looking for other ideas...

- There's a user profile configuration option that will disallow vB code to be used in signatures.

- The font size of the signature can be hardcoded in the post template, which will override the user profile font size.

- The [size] tag can be disabled.

- Viewing signatures can be disabled in user options.

jAkUp 12-28-05 03:45 PM

I hope we can still use VB code :D Mine is loaded with VB code... heh :) But yea, I don't think we have a huge problem with long signatures, most people keep them pretty small.

GamerGuyX 12-28-05 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
I checked the vBulletin forum and one of their developers posted some code that will cause each user's signature to be shown only on their first post on each page.

I'll keep looking for other ideas...

- There's a user profile configuration option that will disallow vB code to be used in signatures.

- The font size of the signature can be hardcoded in the post template, which will override the user profile font size.

- The [size] tag can be disabled.

- Viewing signatures can be disabled in user options.

No, no! Sigs are good! Its the long one's that are bad. I wouldn't like it if I had to constantly scroll up to the person's first post to see their specs while trying to help troubleshoot their problem! If people don't like sigs I say let them disable it themselves. :)

Sazar 12-28-05 07:13 PM

I think sigs are great, I was hoping for the sigs to be conformed into a horizontal setup like everyone's on this page rather than a vertical jobbie which takes up a lot more screen space.

jAkUp 12-29-05 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar
I think sigs are great, I was hoping for the sigs to be conformed into a horizontal setup like everyone's on this page rather than a vertical jobbie which takes up a lot more screen space.

Yea I agree :D I used to have a vertical sig also...

ricercar 12-31-05 01:40 PM

I thought the height of the sig was inversely proportional to penis size?

nV`andrew 12-31-05 05:37 PM

no wonder mine is so small (omg)