nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   6600GT Golden Sample and Expertool Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62628)

HArdRiDer 01-03-06 01:55 PM

6600GT Golden Sample and Expertool Overclocking

I have installed a Gainward 6600GT Golden Sample card. When I load the drivers from the CD, the only option for installing Expertool is with the safe option, the advanced settings check box is greyed out and unavailable. I have unloaded Expertool and the NVIDIA drivers and reloaded, without success.

The manual says that I need at least a 350W PSU, and I only have a 300W PSU. Could this be the problem, or do I have a faulty card? Gainward guarantee that the Golden Sample cards will overclock, hope I don't have a lemon.

Thanks!

a12ctic 01-03-06 03:34 PM

Re: 6600GT Golden Sample and Expertool Overclocking

Quote:

Originally Posted by HArdRiDer
The manual says that I need at least a 350W PSU, and I only have a 300W PSU.

you answered your own question, if u need a 350wat psu then how is a 300 gona work?

HArdRiDer 01-04-06 12:05 AM

I'm still suprised if it is intelligent enough not to even make the install option available! Can still overclock manually with Expertool, but the Golden Sample is supposed to "officially" support overclocking via enhanced mode. :confused:

terry.diamond 01-04-06 06:25 AM

hi m8
i had similar problem with a gainward i used to own
how i got round it was upgraded bios on graphics card to latest version for that card and suddenly when i installed expertool the box wasnt grayed out
hope this helps

HArdRiDer 01-08-06 08:15 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, terry. Gainward don't seem to keep the BIOS updates available for download any more. I've emailed the address they gave, but no response yet after nearly a week!

And now strange slivers are coming up when my daughter plays Sims 2, and the core is underclocked to 430MHz :(

Will upgrade PSU and hold thumbs that Gainward staff come back to work tomorrow..

pro_hz 12-18-06 06:54 AM

:( I'm too having the same problem with the same card. Contacted Gainward, didn't get any proper answer. I want to update my BIOS too but can't find the right file. Have yours got solved ? If it has then please attach the file.

Gentle 12-26-06 03:51 AM

There is a user name MVATech or MAVtec or similar that runs/ran a bios collection website.

If someone else can recall the exact site name perhaps you can get lucky and find and appropriate bios for your card there..

Gentle