nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How long before we see 3DMark06 benches on systems running the AGEIA PhysX card?? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63521)

JamesDax 01-18-06 04:07 PM

How long before we see 3DMark06 benches on systems running the AGEIA PhysX card??

Since this new test uses the AGEIA PhysX physics engine I would love to see what kind of performance increase we might see in a system with a PhysX card in it. Particularly that canyon scene.

Since both BFG and ASUS are supposed to have cards ready it would be nice to see some benches.

OWA 01-20-06 01:29 PM

Re: How long before we see 3DMark06 benches on systems running the AGEIA PhysX card??

I was reading a blurb at the Tech Report and it seemed to indicate that it wouldn't take advantage of Ageia hardware (if it was present) even though it's using their library.

SH64 01-20-06 02:32 PM

Re: How long before we see 3DMark06 benches on systems running the AGEIA PhysX card??

My question would be how long before we can see the PPU available on market ??! last i heard was availability at the end of Dec/start of 2006 & so far i've seen nothing...

Lars 02-19-06 02:15 PM

I too would really ike to see what effect it would have on 3dmark06 and even more so on games in the future. Wonder how it will perform, and what difference the cpu will make after adding such a card to the system. SomehowI can't image that either AMD or Intel would be too excited about those chips though...... ;)

smallSHEEP 03-08-06 08:37 AM

Like the man said, it only makes use use of the PhysX SDK. It makes bugger all difference if you have the card installed. I would imagine that they are using this as a transition period before implementing Harware support in 3D Mark 2007.

Nick[FM] 03-28-06 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OWA
I was reading a blurb at the Tech Report and it seemed to indicate that it wouldn't take advantage of Ageia hardware (if it was present) even though it's using their library.

This is correct. 3DMark06 doesn't support dedicated hardware physics acceleration.

Cheers,

Nick

XDanger 05-01-06 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
My question would be how long before we can see the PPU available on market ??! last i heard was availability at the end of Dec/start of 2006 & so far i've seen nothing...

they are on sale now if you dont know already ,I realise this is an old post

MUYA 05-01-06 11:06 AM

I thikn some folks at VR-Zone benched with PPU with 3Dmark to well what Nick was saying, doesn't help 3dMark

Lars 05-01-06 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
I thikn some folks at VR-Zone benched with PPU with 3Dmark to well what Nick was saying, doesn't help 3dMark

Yes, a user @ XS did the same, and there's absolutely no difference. Nut it would be interesting to see what it could do for the games that do support it.