nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Well I Did It... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63658)

GamerGuyX 01-20-06 11:02 PM

Well I Did It...

I don't know what came over me but I bought WoW. I mean it is almost midnight and I just got out of work and I just thought to myself "hey I'm going to buy World of Warcraft". So there I went: almost midnight to my local Meijers and bought the last copy. For the record, I've never played an MMORPG before and I know nothing about Wow except the little I remember about the old Warcraft games. I got a bad feeling that I'm going to end up being one of those people that get deadly addicted to this game. :o

EDIT: Argh! Game takes forever to install!!!

Sidric 01-21-06 12:27 AM

Re: Well I Did It...

Welcome to the dark side. Hope you like it, because you're gonna be here awhile :firedevil

Tygerwoody 01-21-06 12:47 AM

WoW is like the equivalent of "MMORPGs for Dummies"

Wait for Vanguard to come out. Thats going to be a REAL MMORPG. Along with the likes of Everquest 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

The rest are just... meh

Zelda_fan 01-21-06 12:49 AM

WoW is a very very fun game. I made it to level 60 as a mage, and I was in a guild running Molten Core raids for epic gear.

I quit about 6 months ago becasuse I was wasting WAY to much of my life playing this game.

lIqUID 01-22-06 06:03 PM

very fun game....Ive started running MC with my guild about 3 weeks ago. It can seriously eat away some time, but Im at the point of the game where I can just login on raid nights and play for 3-4 hrs then leave for a couple days.

Roliath 01-22-06 07:02 PM

I'm in the same boat, I went to wash my moms car and decided to stop by Gamestop and I saw WoW sitting on the shelf. I said why the hell not?
This game is extremely addicting!
I spent like 3 hours just exploring, HUGE environments, Gryphon Rides are awesome!
Needless to say, I will be playing this game alot...

I'm on the Khaz Modan server, Roliath.

Oh yeah, my dad thinks its hilarous that I play WoW on my Rig...
"All that money and you play this," is what he keeps telling me..

Tyr-Sog 01-24-06 08:47 PM

Just be ready for server issues. Which means Bliz does a maintinance on Tuesdays but pretty much the servers are out of commission from midday monday to mid day wedsneday. Lag and minor rollbacks usually starts monday, servers are down for tuesday most of the day, tuesday nights are usually full of lag, unable to connects and disconnect and wed is usually back to just being laggy...Just a heads up. Rest of the week is smooth sailing.

lIqUID 01-24-06 10:28 PM

you must be on a bad server....Frostwolf sometimes has issues usually right after maintanence but they are generally cleared up by primetime.

Tyr-Sog 01-25-06 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
you must be on a bad server....Frostwolf sometimes has issues usually right after maintanence but they are generally cleared up by primetime.

I must be on 4 bad servers, Ereder, BoneChewer, Lightinghoof and forget the other one I'm on all suffer from the same issues. (nana2)

Ninjaman09 01-25-06 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
WoW is like the equivalent of "MMORPGs for Dummies"

Wait for Vanguard to come out. Thats going to be a REAL MMORPG. Along with the likes of Everquest 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

The rest are just... meh

WoW is more like the equivalent of "MMORPGs that are actually good games".

GLX I think you will really like this game. It doesn't really play like other MMORPG games. In other words, it's not completely pointless.

BTW just got my Legplates of Wrath last night *woot*.

Tygerwoody 01-25-06 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
WoW is more like the equivalent of "MMORPGs that are actually good games".

Apparently you have never played a good MMORPG. This is common knowledge that WoW isn't really a good MMO. It can't hold a candle to the likes of Everquest 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

What WoW is good for is that it is bringing MMO's mainstream. Well... i guess thats not a good thing when you think about it....

j0j081 01-25-06 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Apparently you have never played a good MMORPG. This is common knowledge that WoW isn't really a good MMO. It can't hold a candle to the likes of Everquest 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

What WoW is good for is that it is bringing MMO's mainstream. Well... i guess thats not a good thing when you think about it....

:werd: