nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   WineX Configuration file *help* (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6442)

lmetza 01-19-03 03:35 PM

WineX Configuration file *help*

I downloaded wineX 2.21 build. I do the stuff the guide says (the readme).
How do i set up the /root/.wine/config file.

I went to install WC3, this is what i got.

[root@mdoc-km-244-55-249 root]# cd /mnt/cdrom
[root@mdoc-km-244-55-249 cdrom]# wine install.exe
Could not stat /root/.transgaming/c_drive (No such file or directory), ignoring
drive C:
Invalid path 'c:\windows' for windows directory: does not exist
Perhaps you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration file.
This is (supposed to be) '/root/.wine/config'

jnd3 01-20-03 08:30 AM

Hi,

Check out this thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&threadid=5659

It got me up and running with WineX. Of course, I don't have any games that really work in it, but still... :)

Cheers,
JND

lmetza 01-20-03 09:01 AM

Got any idea on how i would fix this , i followed volts guide.. Some strange crap about fonts (i got this when i copyed my fonts folder over to my fake windows drive. I get this when i go to install warcraft 3.

[dan@mdoc-km-244-55-249 cdrom]$ wine install.exe
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/modern.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/roman.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/script.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/desktop.ini" err = 55
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
[dan@mdoc-km-244-55-249 cdrom]$

btw: wolfenstein (rtcw) is installing ok, but itsa linux friendly game of course, im useing wineX to do it too (wine Setup.exe) umm, when im instal lrtcw it says i need DCOM95???

lmetza 01-20-03 09:03 AM

btw: is it supposed to do this when i go to set up the registry.

[root@mdoc-km-244-55-249 wine]# /programs/regapi/regapi setValue < winedefault.reg
bash: /programs/regapi/regapi: No such file or directory

volt 01-20-03 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lmetza
Got any idea on how i would fix this , i followed volts guide.. Some strange crap about fonts (i got this when i copyed my fonts folder over to my fake windows drive. I get this when i go to install warcraft 3.

[dan@mdoc-km-244-55-249 cdrom]$ wine install.exe
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/modern.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/roman.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/script.fon" err = 2
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file "/home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/Fonts/desktop.ini" err = 55
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
[dan@mdoc-km-244-55-249 cdrom]$

btw: wolfenstein (rtcw) is installing ok, but itsa linux friendly game of course, im useing wineX to do it too (wine Setup.exe) umm, when im instal lrtcw it says i need DCOM95???

By the way, I did not say anything about copying fonts from XP CD :p :angel:

jnd3 01-20-03 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lmetza
btw: is it supposed to do this when i go to set up the registry.

[root@mdoc-km-244-55-249 wine]# /programs/regapi/regapi setValue < winedefault.reg
bash: /programs/regapi/regapi: No such file or directory

Ahhh, yes, I think Volt might have forgotten a step (or my CVS build didn't do it right). I had to go into the ./wine/programs/regapi/ directory (don't forget the ./wine on the front!) and do a make to get the regapi program built. Then it worked fine.

Cheers,
JND

lmetza 01-20-03 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jnd3
Ahhh, yes, I think Volt might have forgotten a step (or my CVS build didn't do it right). I had to go into the ./wine/programs/regapi/ directory (don't forget the ./wine on the front!) and do a make to get the regapi program built. Then it worked fine.

Cheers,
JND

sweet, then i know i didnt screw it up when i typed that, cuz i was browsin the folders and notices makefile in regapi so i decided to type make and see what happens. now do i need to type make install???
But after "make" i do the "./programs/regapi/regapi setValue < winedefault.reg"
right? and it should work then.

all i need to do now is get WC3 installeds and get some installshield support somehow (i found a wineX221.tar.bz2 (got it off a website) apparently i need mesa to build it, what makes it different from the CVS other then the installshield.

How do i uninstall wineX if i want to try the wineX 2.21???

thanks..

tuxfriend 01-20-03 12:40 PM

Hi,
this will help:
http://www.linuxfusion.net/installwine.htm
you also should get rid of Wine to,then get the CVS- version and
follow the link I postet above.

good luck