nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   List of FREE or no monthly fee MMORPG games (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64526)

Tygerwoody 02-07-06 11:24 AM

List of FREE or no monthly fee MMORPG games

I figured it would be nice to have a thread that just consists of MMORPG games that don't have a monthly fee or are all together free. I'll keep this list as updated as possible.

Free:
Planetside
Anarchy Online
Runescape

No monthly fee:
Guild Wars

Zeta 02-07-06 12:34 PM

Re: List of FREE or no monthly fee MMORPG games

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I figured it would be nice to have a thread that just consists of MMORPG games that don't have a monthly fee or are all together free. I'll keep this list as updated as possible.

Free:
Planetside

You have to pay the monthly fee but the game is free?

|MaguS| 02-07-06 12:42 PM

Guild Wars isn't a MMORPG, Its an Online Action Game.... theres no massive aspect of it at all.

Planetside went the way of Anarchy Online, you get an entire year for free. Oh also add Anarchy Online to the Free section.

CaptNKILL 02-07-06 12:54 PM

Runescape is great. Its a really fun web-based MMORPG.

Tygerwoody 02-07-06 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Guild Wars isn't a MMORPG, Its an Online Action Game.... theres no massive aspect of it at all.

Planetside went the way of Anarchy Online, you get an entire year for free. Oh also add Anarchy Online to the Free section.

GuildWar isn't a "true" MMORPG, this i know. So does everyone else. However, i just wanted to put it in the thread... because :p

demonized 02-07-06 03:31 PM

malaysian version of "risk your life 2" is f2p.
http://www.onrpg.com/ftopic70968.htm...bf2c613f885b0f

Mr. Hunt 02-07-06 03:53 PM

Gunz... www.gunzonline.com... fun game.

Tygerwoody 02-07-06 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Gunz... www.gunzonline.com... fun game.

is that the game where you pay in order to get special abilities or gear?

superklye 02-07-06 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|

Jesus, do we have to be that picky about it? Just because every time you leave a city is an instance doesn't mean it isn't an MMO. There are thousands of people on at any given time and you can meet up with them if they're on at the same time you are...isn't that essentially what an MMO is?

nV`andrew 02-07-06 06:27 PM

lol runescape. sum1 give me some money and train me. :D wish i was a member, im a level 31 and a mage

**** i cant find planetside anywhere, uninstalled it long time ago cuz u had to pay monthly

|MaguS| 02-07-06 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
Jesus, do we have to be that picky about it? Just because every time you leave a city is an instance doesn't mean it isn't an MMO. There are thousands of people on at any given time and you can meet up with them if they're on at the same time you are...isn't that essentially what an MMO is?

If that was the case then Diablo 2 and every Online FPS is a MMO since they all mostly have a chat and central server. Just because you can meet a massive amount of people online doesnt make it massive, what seperates EQ2. WoW and all other true MMORPGs from GW is that you can actually meet a massive amount of people at the same time, theres no real limitation to the amount of people that an area can have. Ever EQ2 that goes by instancing doesnt impose the limit, it just recommends you play on an instance with fewer people but during my time playing you were able to join instances with over 150 poeple.

Edge 02-07-06 09:06 PM

Is Planetside actually free to play right now? Or has that promotion not started yet? I haven't seen any reference to it on their main page, only that forum post made a while back.