nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   eVGA Has 6800Ultras back in production? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66493)

a12ctic 03-16-06 04:36 PM

eVGA Has 6800Ultras back in production?

Newegg has 6800ultras avalible (pci-e) from evga wtf? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130222

AthlonXP1800 03-16-06 06:11 PM

Re: eVGA Has 6800Ultras back in production?

No it not back in production, I think EVGA are clearing all 6800 Ultras in EVGA inventory.

Treason 03-16-06 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
No it not back in production, I think EVGA are clearing all 6800 Ultras in EVGA inventory.

Yup, and unlike ATi partners, nVidia partners will have no problems clearing out 6800 series video cards. All about marketing and brand recognition (i.e. eVGA). :p

Mr_LoL 03-16-06 06:39 PM

If I had the spare cash I would buy one not for my pc but to put on the mantlepiece. I just love the way it looks :D

Joe Public 03-17-06 05:27 AM

Why on earth would anyone buy a 6800 Ultra when they can have a 7900GT at the same price?

SLippe 03-17-06 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
If I had the spare cash I would buy one not for my pc but to put on the mantlepiece. I just love the way it looks :D

Yeah, it's a beast, plus if you got pissed off at someone, just clock them upside the head with that thing...that should do the trick! :bash:

Lfctony 03-17-06 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Public
Why on earth would anyone buy a 6800 Ultra when they can have a 7900GT at the same price?

Well, the 7900GT isn't quite there yet($259) but the 7800GT is. So yeah, I don't see why anyone would buy one of these. Unless they have another one and want to go SLi.

CaptNKILL 03-17-06 09:38 AM

Not a very practical card at all, but damn, thats a collectors item :D

That was the top of nVidia's line of amazing 6 series cards. I think the 6800s were deffinitely the single biggest leap in performance and features since the old voodoo days. When was the last time (before the 6 series) anyone released a card that more than doubled the performance of their previous top card while still releasing them at reasonable prices?

Im still contemplating whether I want to sell my 6800GT on ebay to make back some of my upgrade money, or if I should just keep it since its an amazing piece of hardware and probably one of the best anyone will ever be able to get for AGP.

Saintster 03-17-06 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL

That was the top of nVidia's line of amazing 6 series cards. I think the 6800s were deffinitely the single biggest leap in performance and features since the old voodoo days. When was the last time (before the 6 series) anyone released a card that more than doubled the performance of their previous top card while still releasing them at reasonable prices?

Im still contemplating whether I want to sell my 6800GT on ebay to make back some of my upgrade money, or if I should just keep it since its an amazing piece of hardware and probably one of the best anyone will ever be able to get for AGP.

It really is a great piece of hardware(Good enough for someone to uhm SUGARcoat it!) as a matter of fact my daughter has my EVga 6800 Ultra in her rig right now.granted she surfs the net and plays Counter Strike Source it still holds up well. Best video card for it's time.

Mr_LoL 03-17-06 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL

Keep it. I still have my old 6800 gt and 6800 standard. its better than the rubbish i have at the moment anyway.