nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   DDO 10 day pass? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67705)

Lazaredz 04-04-06 06:37 PM

DDO 10 day pass?

I'd be VERY interested in trying this game out if anyone has a pass they would care to pass along.

|MaguS| 04-04-06 08:31 PM

Re: DDO 10 day pass?

Theres a 10 free pass? I bought the game and never heard of it.

Lazaredz 04-05-06 05:28 AM

I guess there is. I've read of two being given away on different forums, I was just too late for those.

|MaguS| 04-05-06 06:28 AM

I don't think there is, If there is then its a special tgive away from websites since there was none included in the retail box. They did include 10 day beta access but thats well and done by now.

killahsin 04-22-06 02:06 AM

there apparently now is on the official ddo site a 10 day trial.

|MaguS| 04-22-06 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killahsin
there apparently now is on the official ddo site a 10 day trial.

7 Day

Lazaredz 04-22-06 01:27 PM

allready got it ... thanks for the heads up though.

Kinda fun so far ... I'm not familiar with anything beyond D&D 2.0, so this is all new. Don't like the Warforged ..... what do you mean no half-elfs or hlaf-orcs???

I think it COULD be very fun with the right group.

|MaguS| 04-23-06 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazaredz
allready got it ... thanks for the heads up though.

Kinda fun so far ... I'm not familiar with anything beyond D&D 2.0, so this is all new. Don't like the Warforged ..... what do you mean no half-elfs or hlaf-orcs???

I think it COULD be very fun with the right group.

The reason there are no Half-Elves or Half-Orcs is due to the world the game is set in. Its not set in the Forgotten Realms universe but another created recently called Eberron. The reason for the use of another universe other then the known one was that since it was new and ripe, they could do what they wanted without having fans going ape****. Could you imagine the troubles if they had to model famous cities and they missed a single important point...

Lazaredz 04-23-06 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The reason there are no Half-Elves or Half-Orcs is due to the world the game is set in. Its not set in the Forgotten Realms universe but another created recently called Eberron. The reason for the use of another universe other then the known one was that since it was new and ripe, they could do what they wanted without having fans going ape****. Could you imagine the troubles if they had to model famous cities and they missed a single important point...

True ... you have a point there.

What server are you on? Any good guilds?

|MaguS| 04-23-06 11:04 AM

Im on Fernia, As for guilds... No clue, I try not to ever join a Pickup Group. Most of them suck in my experiance. I only group with my guildmates, my guild is an invite only so don't ask. :)

Tho Jo Smale 06-20-06 08:37 PM

Ok I just downloaded the 1.7gb file and installed the trial version of Stormreach. I have the system as in specs.

I am having alot of stuttering graphical corruption on people faces and am general not happy with the performance.

I have a highspeed internet with good bandwidth. I've tried all the different Sli modes SFR AFR and AFR2.

Any Suggestions???

thanks,

JC