nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Noobs posting For Sale Threads (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68985)

keith33 04-23-06 11:25 AM

Noobs posting For Sale Threads

I don't know about you guys but it ticks me off when people join the forum JUST to sell their computer parts. I've seen tons of FS threads started by people with 1 or 2 posts at the maximum. Once they sell their junk they leave and never post again.

Would it be possible to limit selling threads to posters with at least 50 posts or something like that? It would get rid of trolls and unknowns as well. Anyways, maybe I'm crazy but I think its using the forums for the wrong purpose.

rage10 04-30-06 12:04 AM

Re: Noobs posting For Sale Threads

I'm with you on this.

Son Goku 04-30-06 03:10 AM

Only down side, is that people could end up posting 50 worthless and spam laden posts, just to get those 50 posts, and then try to sell... Perhaps a time restriction, rather then post count would have more of the desired effect. AKA, had to have been a member for a couple months at least.

This way, even if they do spam (and yes it's possible to get 50 posts in 1 day; just look at what we were doing in the GF7800gts thread :D ), it wouldn't help them a bit...

If you ask me though; this isn't so much what bothers me; as those who join for no other purpose then to spamvertize their website, or start posting random commercials. "Aquarian age boy", along with use4d were among some other rather annoying peddlers of things that weren't even computer related to begin with :eek:

keith33 04-30-06 02:35 PM

Agreed with Son Goku, if we could put a time limit or something before posting in the FS forum it would help a lot. Also, admins take care of advertising jackasses pretty fast so I'm not worried about them its just the idiots in the FS forum who get to abuse the board. Bump for an admin to see this thread.

Capt. Picard 04-30-06 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
But there are also dozens if not hundreds of dormant accounts that have been laying in the members list for months if not years. Maybe the administrators could do some house cleaning and get rid of all those useless accounts.

Q 04-30-06 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Picard
But there are also dozens if not hundreds of dormant accounts that have been laying in the members list for months if not years. Maybe the administrators could do some house cleaning and get rid of all those useless accounts.

But I'd really miss ya, Captain! :D

In a way I like the idea of the time restriction...and in another I like the occasional steal that I get from doing business with noobs.

keith33 04-30-06 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qlitchford
But I'd really miss ya, Captain! :D

In a way I like the idea of the time restriction...and in another I like the occasional steal that I get from doing business with noobs.

Have you ever got a steal? All I see are douche bags trying to sell their ancient parts for the price they paid 3 years ago.

Q 04-30-06 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith33
Have you ever got a steal? All I see are douche bags trying to sell their ancient parts for the price they paid 3 years ago.

....eh...I guess once. :o

Plenty of douches, though...

Rytr 04-30-06 10:12 PM

We don't want to get too restrictive. Adding restrictions just makes it harder for the Mods to properly police the forums. Adding restrictions could stop that one person from posting a sale on an item(s) that you guys might be interested in, or on the other hand, could stop a Troll from posting.
Yes, lately we have had several post items with prices that were rediculously out-dated but does that really warrant placing a time element or post requirement just to post a For Sale? One post wonders should always throw up a flag 'be wary of this one,' and for good reason.

Q 05-02-06 11:41 PM

Well I'd just like to OFFICIALLY announce that we no longer have ANYTHING to worry about in the Sales Forum. That's because, lady(ies?) and gentlemen...there's a new sheriff in town: Keith33, UberMod.

keith33 05-03-06 03:18 PM

Exactly :p

But wow, you are quite the spam queen Qlitchford, already caught up to my post count.

Monolyth 05-03-06 04:48 PM

Qlitch bought 2x7800GTX's off me for $400 buckaroos ;) I'd say that was a "steal" no?

Speaking of which how are they running?

PS - I may not have a high post count, but I don't post on the spam threads, and usually have some form of content to my posts. :)