nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GeForce FX 5200 maximum resolution (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69639)

NotNvidious 05-04-06 04:27 PM

GeForce FX 5200 maximum resolution

I have just installed a 256 MB GeForce FX 5200 board on my Linux box, which is running Slackware 10.2 with a 2.6.13 kernel and X.Org 6.8.2.

When I launch X windows using the nv driver (shipped with X.Org software) the resolution of my X display is 1920x1440, at 24 bpp.

However, when I use the Nvidia driver nvidia (in its latest incarnation, 1.0-8756 for x86 Linux) this driver refuses to go beyond 1280x1024 at such depth.

My attempts to coax it into using this resolution/depth, by inserting the appropriate Modes line in my xorg.conf file, are just rejected as invalid modes by the nvidia driver when launching X windows.

The monitor that I am using is an HP p920 which, like I said, supports a 1920x1440 resolution at 24 bpp. Why is it the case that the X.Org driver nv supports this resolution/depth combination, whereas Nvidia's so far does not? Is there a way around this?

sirclaudio 05-18-06 02:51 AM

Re: GeForce FX 5200 maximum resolution

I have that problem too, with slack, X.org 6.9.0 and NV8756. The only way i found to pass this is to add the line Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes" in the device section

marcdw 05-30-06 07:35 PM

Though I'm not using Xorg I had similar problems with
Slackware 9.1/XFree86. The nvidia driver just didn't seem
to care about my modelines or any resolution not standard
with the monitor.

Though I wasn't trying to get a larger resolution like you
I found I had to create a uniquely(sp?) named mode
just to get my old modeline to work.

See this thread here.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69539

I remember trying what the other post said about
"ModeValidation" and "NoEdidModes" options but they didn't
seem to work for me.

Marc

Clothing Wholes 06-07-10 07:46 PM

To Sirclaudio: Thank you for the shared information that you have given to us..I don't have anything to do with the primary poster but I have also experienced the same problem and I don't even know how to solve it so I just changed the browser that I am using. But nnow I know what to do. I can go back to Linux.

ragejg 06-07-10 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clothing Wholes (Post 2265582)
To Sirclaudio: Thank you for the shared information that you have given to us..I don't have anything to do with the primary poster but I have also experienced the same problem and I don't even know how to solve it so I just changed the browser that I am using. But nnow I know what to do. I can go back to Linux.

Your language suggests that you are a spam bot. Why are you answering dead threads with SUPER general and vague posts?

Darren_Tinsley 06-11-10 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragejg (Post 2265604)
Your language suggests that you are a spam bot. Why are you answering dead threads with SUPER general and vague posts?

Perhaps for the sake of promoting something, or another part of an SEO spammer.. I guess..

Aigars 06-11-10 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Tinsley (Post 2268114)
Perhaps for the sake of promoting something, or another part of an SEO spammer.. I guess..

You got it right.. There has been an issue about this, and there are some web masters who have already implemented a spam application or something.. Not sure what it is, but it automatically detects IP address, and bans that IP from posting again..

M2 Bodrum 06-11-10 11:41 PM

Did I get it right there i s a bot who can instantly delete spammers' Ip address? What if they use a proxy will the banned IP still be able to post comments on certain sites? I have a site and I keep on receiving spam messages.. at first I thought that it was a great review of my work but i keep on receiving that same message over and over again. this is not good for my site right?

Roman_Gertz 06-12-10 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2 Bodrum (Post 2268714)
Did I get it right there i s a bot who can instantly delete spammers' Ip address? What if they use a proxy will the banned IP still be able to post comments on certain sites? I have a site and I keep on receiving spam messages.. at first I thought that it was a great review of my work but i keep on receiving that same message over and over again. this is not good for my site right?

Well, at one point, it is a nice thing for your website, because your site may have a high PR.. On the other hand, it is not a good indication, because the quality of your website may be jeoparidized..

ragejg 06-12-10 07:03 AM

I PMed this Clothing Wholes individual and got a vague, but human response back. I'm puzzled.

Dreamscape Imag 06-12-10 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragejg (Post 2268836)
I PMed this Clothing Wholes individual and got a vague, but human response back. I'm puzzled.

Huh? i did not quite get what you said? You PMed him or her but did not get any replies or some one replied to you? I wasn't quite sure that i understood you.. I'm sorry.. I was just curious.

bin li 06-14-10 01:13 AM

I too have that problem.. have anyone solved the problem? I really need some help here... please post some comments in this forum and I will be back for some information.