nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Starcraft (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70931)

Bearclaw 05-28-06 10:42 PM

Starcraft

I have been playing starcraft for a while now. I got in 3-4 years back and played it on my old computer. I loade dit onto my new one that I built and I tried to connect to battlenet without any luck. It says "Searching for fastest battle.net server.." Then it waits maybe 10 seconds and says "Unable to connect to battle.net" I don't knwo what the problem could be? Anyone might know? Has anyone had this problem?

demonized 05-28-06 10:47 PM

Re: Starcraft

battle.net uses port 6112. so if you a router or firewall software you need that opened up.

jAkUp 05-28-06 10:55 PM

Yea try disabling your firewalls

Bearclaw 05-29-06 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonized
battle.net uses port 6112. so if you a router or firewall software you need that opened up.

I tried disabling the firewall liek the guy below you said. No luck. How would i go about your siggestion?

a12ctic 05-29-06 11:11 AM

you probobly have a router firewall and the windows firewall, you have to open that port on both

Bearclaw 05-29-06 08:57 PM

Would you guys be willing to walk me through that on how to do it? I am not sure on how to do it. Thanks.

demonized 05-30-06 11:32 PM

whats the brand and model # of your router?

ENU291 05-31-06 08:36 AM

Starcraft?!!? Wow I haven't played that game in ages... ahh the memories :wonder: Why has Blizzard let that franchise go without a sequel for so long?

Rakeesh 05-31-06 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENU291
Starcraft?!!? Wow I haven't played that game in ages... ahh the memories :wonder: Why has Blizzard let that franchise go without a sequel for so long?

They are currently busy ruining the warcraft franchise. WC2 kicked ass but WC3 was totally gay.

Bearclaw 05-31-06 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonized
whats the brand and model # of your router?

I have a Linksys wirless on my computer. It connects to a netgear router on the computer wiht the main line coming in.

stncttr908 06-01-06 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I have a Linksys wirless on my computer. It connects to a netgear router on the computer wiht the main line coming in.

Then point your browser to 192.168.0.1 and login. The default is admin/admin for user/pass, but you did change the password, didn't you? And you've also enabled WPA encryption? Nothing bugs me more than an unsecured access point with the default username and password!

Anyway, on the left side, click Port Forwarding and fill in the Battle.net port (6112) and the IP suffix of the machine you play Starcraft on.

crainger 06-01-06 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENU291

StarCraft?? Never heard of it?

Blizzard?? What are they modders or something? Which engine do they mod on? Source?

(nana2)

Ok, on a serious note. I want to introduce the gf to StarCraft after a successful intro to Total Annilihation. Now I don't own a copy of StarCraft (borrowed from a friend many year ago), but they now sell it and the exp for $50. I want to know does it support LAN? or would a private game on BattleNet be the way to go?