nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Will a decent MMORPG come out already! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71513)

Tygerwoody 06-09-06 11:20 AM

Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).

lognoronon 06-10-06 04:18 AM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
I know what you mean. I still play EQ1 because it's the best MMORPG on the market IMO and been playing it since summer of 1999. Vanguard is the only thing I see on the horizon that interests me (only after checking it out at E3).

nrdstrm 06-10-06 05:38 AM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
I'm pretty much only watching Vanguard atm. There are plenty on the horizon, but none that would satisfy a EQ1 or UO fan....

|MaguS| 06-10-06 07:33 AM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Just play Vanguards... I mean... um...

/runs off

Hex 06-10-06 11:28 AM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.

Tr1cK 06-10-06 11:47 AM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
EQ2 pvp is one of the worst systems out there. Still has huge imbalance issues between classes.

UDawg 06-10-06 12:27 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).

I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?

I have a idea. If you don't like the games the SHUT YOUR WHINNEY LIBEAL PIE-HOLE. CUS NO ONE CARES

all said with love, of course. :D


Besides WoW you are right. All the other mmos out there blow balls. I think we have just seen it all before and we need something dramatically different to satisfy us.

UDawg 06-10-06 12:27 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.

Warhammer looks like a cheap WoW.

|MaguS| 06-10-06 12:40 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UDawg
I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?

I played EQ1 for 5+ years...

Zelda_fan 06-10-06 01:24 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
WoW was great. Just too addictive so I stopped playing it.

slick 06-10-06 04:41 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.


Tabula Rasa.

lognoronon 06-10-06 06:44 PM

Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UDawg
How long can a person play one game?

Been playing EQ1 since May of 99 and it's still the best game of it's type out there until Vanguard comes out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.