nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Steam Sucks! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73380)

Eltigre88 07-13-06 07:14 PM

Steam Sucks!

What is the deal with steam? I can't connect. It will let me change my password all day long but I can't get on. I have made 3 seperate accounts at this point with no luck. WHAT GIVES?

|MaguS| 07-13-06 07:19 PM

Re: Steam Sucks!

You make sure your not blocking its ports with a router or firewall? I never had any issues with Steam not connecting. I love it, think every publisher should team up with valve and use it!

stisoas 07-13-06 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eltigre88
What is the deal with steam? I can't connect. It will let me change my password all day long but I can't get on. I have made 3 seperate accounts at this point with no luck. WHAT GIVES?

moron

|MaguS| 07-13-06 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stisoas
moron

Why would he be a moron? Because the application wont connect him? Maybe he's have a genuine issue with it? Its not flawless...

Sazar 07-13-06 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
You make sure your not blocking its ports with a router or firewall? I never had any issues with Steam not connecting. I love it, think every publisher should team up with valve and use it!

Ditto.

Love it, never had problems.

If you have problems, you can request a pass reset or something using their support.

rewt 07-13-06 08:46 PM

Quote:

moron

Mommy not give stisoas enough attention as a child...

grey_1 07-13-06 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewt
Mommy not give stisoas enough attention as a child...

You mean he's a grown-up??

Eltigre88 07-13-06 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|

I mean it was working flawlessly and now it does not work any more. I was kind of hoping for something other than name calling. What should I expect when 90% of the gaming community is under 15.

arioch21 07-13-06 09:02 PM

never had a problem with steam either here, though I didnt get HL2 + steam until several months after release.

|MaguS| 07-13-06 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eltigre88
I mean it was working flawlessly and now it does not work any more. I was kind of hoping for something other than name calling. What should I expect when 90% of the gaming community is under 15.

Only one person here resorted to name calling... so don't go running to mommy yet.

Aphot 07-13-06 09:30 PM

I hate steam. But I haven't had any problems with it.

GamerGuyX 07-13-06 09:49 PM

Quote:

moron

Dumbass