nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Out of frequency range problem. System is unuasble (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73596)

pukis_m 07-18-06 06:01 AM

Out of frequency range problem. System is unuasble

Hello,
I've got Ubuntu 5.10 breezy badger installed on my PC. The problem is once the PC starts and OS boots, screen shows nothing but jaggies and a small table, which says "out of frequency range: 23.4-78.4" or something relevant. I tried editing in recovery mode the xorg-conf file's line refresh rate to a lot of values(including those officially said to work with my LCD (24-85 horiz and 55-75 vert)) and some other stuff...
Can somebody help me with this issue?
Video adapter: 6600 TD
LCD: Iiyama prolite E430

p.s. maybe installation of the most up-to-date Nvidia drivers would help, though I don't actually know how to do it in recovery mode. Could someone help me about this? Thanks:)

netllama 07-18-06 11:37 AM

Re: Out of frequency range problem. System is unuasble

Please start X with the following command:
startx -- -logverbose 5

and then generate and provide an nvidia-bug-report.log.

Thanks,
Lonni

pukis_m 07-18-06 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netllama
Please start X with the following command:
startx -- -logverbose 5

and then generate and provide an nvidia-bug-report.log.

Thanks,
Lonni

I start OS in recovery mode, execute the command and all the same happens once again... any other way to generate the log? Or am doing something wrong?

By the way: when I execute NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64.... .pkg2.run,which I've downloaded from nvidia.com, it says:
Warning: skipping the runlevel check (the utility 'runlevel' failed to run). Ok
then
ERROR: unable to find the system utility 'ld'; please make sure you have the package 'binutils' installed. If you do have binutils installed, then please check that 'ld' is in your PATH. Ok

then everything goes to command line.... What should I do?

netllama 07-18-06 01:11 PM

The bug report can be generated after rebooting, yet before starting X again.

You need to make sure you have the package 'binutils' installed. If you need assistance with that, you should consult an Ubuntu support forum/group.

straim 07-18-06 02:49 PM

Just a thought. Access the terminal (ALT+CTRL+F1), login as root and try to set default vaules to you monitor, like Hz 31 - 50 and Vertical Refresh 50 -70 and go to "init 3" (command) then try "startx" again. This is a common problem of frecuencies, then you can try to debug that way, and remember, if you don't see an EE in /var/log/Xorg.0.log("cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE") the you don't have and X error related. I hope this help!