nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OEM softstore (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74589)

Bearclaw 08-06-06 12:42 AM

OEM softstore

Has anyone ordered anything from here? Is it a legit/good place to order from?

Digital_Trans 08-06-06 12:55 AM

Re: OEM softstore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
Has anyone ordered anything from here? Is it a legit/good place to order from?

Alot of companies sell O.E.M. software. Just make sure you buy from someone you have a purchase history from such as Newegg.com
Also note: that some oem software comes in non-retail boxes but in white paper sleeves. That's why the prices are lower then if it were in a retail box in some cases. Good luck! :D

Bearclaw 08-06-06 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Alot of companies sell O.E.M. software. Just make sure you buy from someone you have a purchase history from such as Newegg.com
Also note: that some oem software comes in non-retail boxes but in white paper sleeves. That's why the prices are lower then if it were in a retail box in some cases. Good luck! :D

Ya, That;s what I was expecting as far as packaging. I am fine with that but I am trying to see if anyone knows how reliable www.oemsoftstore.com is?

Airbrushkid 08-06-06 01:26 AM

With coments like this, it makes me wonder.

Quote:

3. What does OEM stand for? What is the difference between OEM and full retail packaging?

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer. A retail version comes in a fancy box, OEM does not. A retail version contains a printed manual. The customers who purchase a retail version are eligible for tech support and different rebates. With our offer this is not possible - hence cheap prices.

Be aware that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer. Some of these products cannot be updated on-line.

GlowStick 08-06-06 01:26 AM

Look at the FAQ section of the site, its install questions are tutorials on useing cracked software.

QuarkExpress and Autoupdate are the big giveaways.

Digital_Trans 08-06-06 02:36 AM

If it's to good to be true, it normally is. I checked out that website you posted. It looks fake as hell! :thumbdwn:

Bearclaw 08-06-06 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
If it's to good to be true, it normally is. I checked out that website you posted. It looks fake as hell! :thumbdwn:

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I made a post asking other people.

Digital_Trans 08-06-06 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I made a post asking other people.

Try doing some research on them on google. See if folks are getting *&^%^&#$ from them....

saturnotaku 08-06-06 08:18 AM

If you want OEM software, buy from a well-known retailer such as Newegg or TigerDirect. I've also ordered from a place called Atomic Park, and they're very good.

Infinity666 08-06-06 10:08 AM

What are you looking for in particular we might be able to help you find a cheap source that is legit

Bearclaw 08-06-06 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity666
What are you looking for in particular we might be able to help you find a cheap source that is legit

I am looking for software with Microsoft word, excel, etc. The one on that site had word, powerpoint, excel, publisher, and access for i think 69.99 so I was gonna get it. For just word, powerpoint, and excel, it is 130 at bets buy or newegg.

superklye 08-06-06 12:43 PM

Wow Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect is only $190? That's like $3500.00/license retail/non-OEM.

Yowza.