nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cencored nVidia Forum about Fedora? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75106)

pzgren 08-15-06 10:38 AM

Cencored nVidia Forum about Fedora?

Hello all!

After the mod has closed the threat "X11R7.1 about to enter FC5-updates. Driver support?", I think this person should read the forum topic again:

Discuss NVIDIA based graphics cards running under Linux.

The upcoming xorg 7.1 (for months available in open source) is coming soon with some drivers for other cards/chipsets (not suppoted yet) and many more things. Read the whole threat from Fedora devel-list (dear nvidia developers also):
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg00348.html

If the mod closes this threat again, I know the answer is "yes"! It's censored here and no free speak in a nvidia forum.

energyman76b 08-15-06 10:54 AM

Re: Cencored nVidia Forum about Fedora?

there is half a douzend threads about 7.1 and nvidia drivers. Maybe even more. And you complain, that one of that useless whiney threads got closed?

It does not matter, that it has 'fedora' in its subject. It was just another 7.1 'when do we get drivers' thread. And we have more than enough of them.

That is not censoring, that is cleaning up a big mess.

If you want to discuss 7.1 - there are enough threads.

And please... there are so many fedora threads.. do you really think, that there is any anti-fedora stance?

Heck, they help the users with the f* SElinux stuff, that only makes the life of the users worse.

So, how do you get to the conclusion, that fedora threads are censored?

If you have read this forum, this thought would have seemed ridiculous for you.

PrakashP 08-15-06 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzgren

If the mod closes this threat again, I know the answer is "yes"! It's censored here and no free speak in a nvidia forum.

Do you really think Nvidia sees this thread as a threat? ;)

madman2003 08-15-06 11:23 AM

Rumour has it that another 8xxx release is already done for several days, but simply not posted yet (slow web guys?).

wizdom 08-15-06 11:49 AM

Closing threads about a relevant issue solves nothing.

Maybe if NVIDIA just released an Xorg 7.1 driver it'd all go away?

Call it PR, or marketing, or something equally dire. That seems to be the language the people in control of the release cycle speak.

pzgren 08-15-06 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energyman76b
If you want to discuss 7.1 - there are enough threads.

And please... there are so many fedora threads.. do you really think, that there is any anti-fedora stance?

Heck, they help the users with the f* SElinux stuff, that only makes the life of the users worse.

So, how do you get to the conclusion, that fedora threads are censored?

If you have read this forum, this thought would have seemed ridiculous for you.

To deactive for private users SELinux is only one switch with GNOME. Easier not possible....

And yes, I think it's all against Fedora and their developers (some develope also the Linux kernel...).

And if there are so many Fedora xorg 7.1 threads (thanks for the "d" PrakashP :) ) then make it "sticky". I and maybe others don't read daily all the threads to the end of listing.

wizdom 08-15-06 11:56 AM

According to some other people on this forum "Nobody cares about gentoo or other distros that aren't Fedora, SuSE or Ubuntu".

Funny, I thought this was a _Linux_ driver, I don't see how distros come into it!

Jecos 08-15-06 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madman2003
Rumour has it that another 8xxx release is already done for several days, but simply not posted yet (slow web guys?).

Their fired, its been out for a week? and its not on the site.. arg (pirate)

madman2003 08-15-06 03:52 PM

It hasn't be released anywhere, just lying somewhere for a few days (from what i know). Hopefully it's put on the website this week.

mintSlice 08-16-06 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energyman76b
there is half a douzend threads about 7.1 and nvidia drivers. Maybe even more. And you complain, that one of that useless whiney threads got closed?

It fine if they want to get all the comment in a single thread, but some comment to this end as the last post before closing other related threads would just be polite.

I was a little surprised that an active thread was just 'closed' without comment.

netllama 08-16-06 09:29 AM

Now that the confusion has been resolved, this thread is being closed.

Thanks,
Lonni