nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Suggestion for the Central-Gaming forum mods (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75361)

SH64 08-19-06 09:07 PM

Suggestion for the Central-Gaming forum mods

Goes especially for Jackup & lee63 :
I noticed that some Source-based & Doom3-engine based games not being posted in thier appropriate sub-forums.
exmaple : Dark Messiah news & Prey news (demos , news , mods ..etc)
any reason for that ??

& let me quote myself here :
Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Cant blame ya for the OFN as some Source-based titles are not being posted in the Source forum & other D3-based titles not being posted in the Doom3/Quake 4 forum which is kinda wierd & dosent make sense at all ... :confused: (like someone wants these sub-forums to die & go away..)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=148
that was in reponse for a member posting news in the correct forum.

my suggestion is to move back all related threads to thier appropriate sub-forums so users know exaclty where to look & at same time keep these sub-forums alive as more titles using thier engine(s) come out :)

MikeC 08-19-06 09:25 PM

Re: Suggestion for the Central-Gaming forum mods

Thanks for the heads up. Lee and Jacob are over worked now but they will get it cleaned up. :) I will help.

MikeC 08-19-06 09:30 PM

We are thinking of doing away with the sub forums and just haveing one Game forum without sub forums. How does that sound?

SH64 08-19-06 09:32 PM

Sounds ok to me as one forum is easier to track & manage than multiple sub-forums. (at least for the popular games which are : D3 , Source & Oblivion sub-forums)

will be interesting to see what the others have to say though :)

grey_1 08-19-06 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
We are thinking of doing away with the sub forums and just haveing one Game forum without sub forums. How does that sound?

Would probably be much easier for you and the mods, as the D3 engine and source forums are rarely posted in. Oblivion is busy enough along with the consoles their threads would stay alive np.

jAkUp 08-19-06 09:49 PM

I could see maybe keeping the Oblivion and Console sub forum... but the Source and quake4 sub forum I think we would be better off without.

Many important threads go unnoticed in the subforums, and users end up posting stuff in the gaming forum again., especially if they don't know what paticular engine a game is.

agentkay 08-19-06 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC

Woudnīt that be a little messy? I mean all the posts from HL2, Doom 3 engines, Consoles, MMORPG and Oblivion in one forum. That sounds too much traffic in a single forum. I donīt like when threads get burried on page 2 or worse within a few minutes. :p

My idea: The HL2, D3 and Oblivion forums donīt create that much traffic and could be moved back to the main "Gaming Central" forum (the "unofficial" PC gaming forum section) but I think the consoles and mmorpg subforums should stay like they are now. My 2 cents. :)

SH64 08-19-06 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentkay
My idea: The HL2, D3 and Oblivion forums donīt create that much traffic and could be moved back to the main "Gaming Central" forum (the "unofficial" PC gaming forum section) but I think the consoles and mmorpg subforums should stay like they are now. My 2 cents. :)

Yeah ... thats what i'm thinking too.
Seconded! :thumbsup:

GamerGuyX 08-20-06 12:31 AM

IMO, get rid of the Gaming Central forum all together and have two seperate PC Gaming and Console Gaming forums under the Software section.

Possibly with a third Handheld Gaming forum.

jAkUp 08-21-06 12:53 AM

Well its a done deal, what do you guys think? I think its perfect.

Bearclaw 08-21-06 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAkUp
Well its a done deal, what do you guys think? I think its perfect.

I like it somwhat. I am very anal when it comes to being organized and I think it helps out a ton. Few "big" threads" equals less threads to keep track of equals better organization. :D

Marvel_us 08-21-06 12:13 PM

Takes a little time to get used to but I can live with it.:o