nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ads slow down forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76960)

munim2020 09-21-06 10:58 AM

ads slow down forum
 
Just a small complaint..
those flash and pricegrabber ads really slow down the website a lot.. makes life difficult for ppl with not so fast internet connections.. i am not asking you to completely remove all the ads.. see if you can do something about it.

DarkJedi664 09-21-06 11:03 AM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Ad Blockers ftw :D

crainger 09-21-06 07:36 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Gah. I'm trying to view all these ads and this forum keeps popping up and slowing it down.

www.forumblocker.com FTW!

CaptNKILL 09-21-06 07:36 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Yeah I use the AdBlock extension for firefox on most of the ads here. They were really causing problems for me a while back.

Q 09-21-06 11:55 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
Gah. I'm trying to view all these ads and this forum keeps popping up and slowing it down.

www.forumblocker.com FTW!

Now you're going to make MY head explode. :D

If the ads keep the site around, I don't mind seeing them. ;)

CaptNKILL 09-22-06 01:54 AM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Now you're going to make MY head explode. :D

If the ads keep the site around, I don't mind seeing them. ;)

Seeing them doesnt do the site any good if you dont click on em. :p

Q 09-22-06 07:42 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Seeing them doesnt do the site any good if you dont click on em. :p

I'm not sure about the ads on this site, but I thought some ad models didn't require click throughs for the site to get paid.

CaptNKILL 09-23-06 04:14 AM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qlitchford
I'm not sure about the ads on this site, but I thought some ad models didn't require click throughs for the site to get paid.

I hope not, or I've been clicking these for no reason... just to do my part. :p

crainger 09-23-06 07:01 AM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
I hope not, or I've been clicking these for no reason... just to do my part. :p

Even if we don't have to click the ads, at least your trigger finger will be in shape :)

CaptNKILL 09-26-06 08:31 AM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
Even if we don't have to click the ads, at least your trigger finger will be in shape :)

Indeed. :rw:

nekrosoft13 09-26-06 02:32 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
these adds crash my IE from time to time, it crashes IE at college every single time i try to access the site

crainger 09-26-06 06:08 PM

Re: ads slow down forum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
these adds crash my IE from time to time, it crashes IE at college every single time i try to access the site

I believe we need Adobe Flash 9 for these ads... These are very up-to-date ads. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.