nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Guild Wars free weekend (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77037)

jeffmd 09-22-06 04:53 PM

Guild Wars free weekend
 
Nightfall event that is. started this morning so you can start as soon as you finish downloading. As much as it is an expansion, like factions, nightfall is standalone and contains new level 1-20 content, and 2 new classes. I belive how ever you can start as any of the 2 classes or the core prophecy classes in the event.

http://www.guildwars.com/

Badboy_12345 09-23-06 09:39 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
meh that game sucked since rls... Its the worse game that I have ever bought :thumbdwn:

the thing that made it suck and why many players quit right from the start its the change of the skill system from the early alpha to the retail version.

In the alpha version you could be the character with the skills you want to play with and have fun with.
In the retail you must play a boring char with skills that you really hate until you find all the skills u want which will never happens beacuse the game will become boring loooooong before that.

Mr. Hunt 09-23-06 10:03 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
meh that game sucked since rls... Its the worse game that I have ever bought :thumbdwn:

the thing that made it suck and why many players quit right from the start its the change of the skill system from the early alpha to the retail version.

In the alpha version you could be the character with the skills you want to play with and have fun with.
In the retail you must play a boring char with skills that you really hate until you find all the skills u want which will never happens beacuse the game will become boring loooooong before that.

So every game should just give you everything right from the start?

jeffmd 09-23-06 10:29 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
Yea uh huh.. I see so many people leave MMORPG games these days because ::smacks forhead:: they dont give you all your spells and abilities at level 1.

Badboy_12345 09-25-06 01:10 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
So every game should just give you everything right from the start?

no but this game is MADE that way.
All the skills ARE balanced and are the same, the difference is the they do different things they are NOT better than any other skill. Except for the "gold" ones.

If the skills you find further in the game were better then yeah it should be like it is. BUT they are NOT they just suit different playstyles. Thats why in the alpha you could choose whicever skill you want to suit your playstyle and beacuse no skill were "better" than the other just different.

Mr. Hunt 09-25-06 02:47 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
no but this game is MADE that way.
All the skills ARE balanced and are the same, the difference is the they do different things they are NOT better than any other skill. Except for the "gold" ones.

If the skills you find further in the game were better then yeah it should be like it is. BUT they are NOT they just suit different playstyles. Thats why in the alpha you could choose whicever skill you want to suit your playstyle and beacuse no skill were "better" than the other just different.

Do you PVP or PVE? If you PVP I understand your complaint since unlocking skills could take time... but if you PVE I don't understand the complaint... ALL MMOs are made this way... it doesn't make sense to give you all skills and the only thing you are doing is going through the game with nothing else to work for.

Badboy_12345 09-25-06 09:40 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Do you PVP or PVE? If you PVP I understand your complaint since unlocking skills could take time... but if you PVE I don't understand the complaint... ALL MMOs are made this way... it doesn't make sense to give you all skills and the only thing you are doing is going through the game with nothing else to work for.

Better armor, weapons? cool quests? "golden" skills?
Yeah but ALL MMOS you actually get skills that are better than the last in Guild wars you dont! they are exactly the same beacuse they are balanced, no skill is better than the other its just how you use it.

jeffmd 10-06-06 10:06 AM

Re: Guild Wars free weekend
 
badboy, its more like, you start out as a vanilla class, and then you can unlock skills that make you more deversifed. The nice thing about guild wars is that theres no cookie cutter pvp. If you have unlocked your skills, you have the spells needed to go up against any one class. The only thing that keeps you from being a god is the 8 spell limit.

This allows you to play alot of ways and styles. The secondary class practicly doubles your possable combinations. On the other hand in a game like WoW you can use all of your spells at the same time, so to keep you from becoming a god, you instead totaly lack spells and skills that prevent you from going toe to toe with certain classes and attacks. Also the only way to really change your play style is with respecing talent trees, something that consumes alot of money. In guild wars, you can respec your abilitie trees an unlimited number of times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.