nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dark Messiah Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78900)

jAkUp 10-25-06 11:37 AM

Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

(w/opics)

Mr. Hunt 10-25-06 11:51 AM

Re: Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

Played part of it... fun game except for the fact that it feels like I am playing HL2 from launch again... stuttering like crazy and I ran into a HORRIBLE EXTREMELY loud staticy sound bug that is driving me nuts right now... it only happens when ANYBODY other than the main character talks... so it is getting pretty annoying.

nekrosoft13 10-25-06 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Played part of it... fun game except for the fact that it feels like I am playing HL2 from launch again... stuttering like crazy and I ran into a HORRIBLE EXTREMELY loud staticy sound bug that is driving me nuts right now... it only happens when ANYBODY other than the main character talks... so it is getting pretty annoying.

thats pretty much the source engine for you, all games based on source have these problem

stuttering happens when files are being decrypted, and static, well HL2 had it, has it, and will have it.

thats why i never liked source engine, but i will buy Dark Messiah, i just wish a different engine was used.

Becoming 10-25-06 12:06 PM

Quote:

I hear some people have fixed the static voice problem by validating the games files, which downloads the parts to fix it. Worth a shot in any case. I'm still downloading the game.

Mr. Hunt 10-25-06 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becoming
I hear some people have fixed the static voice problem by validating the games files, which downloads the parts to fix it. Worth a shot in any case. I'm still downloading the game.

Yeah read about that on the steampowered forums, trying it now... hope it works because this is really annoying.

Also... the loading takes a ridiculous amount of time sometimes.

nekrosoft13 10-25-06 12:33 PM

ok, so even the retail version is steamed?

LurkerLito 10-25-06 02:09 PM

I know steam is required for MP, but does the retail version require the disc in the drive to play single player? That is about the only thing holding me back from going out now to buy it. If Single Player requires the disc in the drive I think I'll just buy it online now since there won't be any difference than the steam version.

Ancient 10-25-06 03:03 PM

Just installed the retail version. The retail version is not steamed, at least for single player, but the disc is required in the drive to play.

Mr. Hunt 10-25-06 03:15 PM

Ok this game is pissing me off... the static sound is gone now, but man... these loading times and stuttering is killing me... I had to seriously sit at a loading screen with no bar or percentage for 5 minutes before it loaded, THEN WHEN IT LOADED IT HAD ME FACING THE DIRECTION OF ANOTHER LOADING SCREEN (back from where I came from I assume), so obviously me thinking the game couldn't POSSIBLY be stupid enough to face me in the direction of the place I just came from, I stepped forward and bam... 5 minutes loading again. Then I just got pissed and went to quit... another 3 minutes to quit, and another 3 minutes to unload out of the memory and let me do anything else... I can't freaking stand this. I also love how quick-loads are not quick at all.

PeterJensen 10-25-06 03:17 PM

no problem with sound here on the (pirate) version :)

Gaco 10-25-06 04:22 PM

Why is Mr. Hunt always having these problems - anyhow to a greater extent - than everybody else? :p

SH64 10-25-06 04:27 PM

Quote:

Your system specs ?