nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA FreeBSD (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79235)

flz 10-30-06 04:37 PM

Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1
 
While I can debug crashes when they happen in beryl itself, debugging libGL* isn't so easy.

I'm using nvidia driver 9625 (I think it's the only one providing GL_EXT_texture_from_pixmap) with individual xorg releases (so, more recent than 7.1, and not yet 7.2).

Might be a programming error, but I can't be sure, anyway here's the trace

innercity# gdb -c beryl.core /usr/local/bin/beryl
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...
Core was generated by `beryl'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libpng.so.5...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libpng.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcomposite.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcomposite.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdamage.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdamage.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/librpcsvc.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/librpcsvc.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.4...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libm.so.4
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libGLcore.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libGLcore.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/compat/libm.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/compat/libm.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/beryl/libsettings.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/beryl/libsettings.so
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libiconv.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libiconv.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.6
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0 0x288141df in _nv000405gl () from /lib/libGLcore.so.1
[New LWP 100132]

(gdb) bt full
#0 0x288141df in _nv000405gl () from /lib/libGLcore.so.1
No symbol table info available.
#1 0x00000001 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2 0x00000002 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3 0x08107000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4 0x28255e60 in glXWaitVideoSyncSGI () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
No symbol table info available.
#5 0x08191000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#6 0xbfbfe3f4 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#7 0x080ea000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#8 0x080ea000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#9 0xbfbfe9a0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x2807e2a0 in elf_hash () from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
No symbol table info available.
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Malus 10-31-06 08:49 PM

Re: Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1
 
I have a version of Beryl from the beginning of October that runs fine with the Nvidia driver under FreeBSD. Well, except for the fact that it always crashes on the first run and works on the second. I haven't been able to get a more recent version to run unfortunately.

flz 11-01-06 04:33 AM

Re: Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus
I have a version of Beryl from the beginning of October that runs fine with the Nvidia driver under FreeBSD. Well, except for the fact that it always crashes on the first run and works on the second. I haven't been able to get a more recent version to run unfortunately.

Which version of the driver are you using? I've had better luck with i945GM so far, but I'm not losing hope.

Malus 11-01-06 04:03 PM

Re: Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1
 
I'm using 1.0-9625. I don't think any of the older versions have the GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap. Also, I believe Beryl requires glxinfo to run, but none of the ports under Xorg modular actually installs it. So, I grabbed the binary for glxinfo off of another machine running Xorg 6.9. I think glxinfo has to be built from the Mesa sources now, however, I have never seen a Mesa source tarball containing the code for glxinfo.

By the way, where can I report bugs for Xorg modular? I know Nvidia installs its extensions and drivers into ${X11BASE}/lib/modules instead of ${X11BASE}/lib/xorg/modules, though I haven't gotten around to patching it yet. Also, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to xorg-fonts-encodings-6.9.0_1 in the modular Xorg, so my ports always require it to be installed, which probably shouldn't be the case. Also, I think either xorg-apps or xorg-complete should have xterm as a dependency, since it doesn't seem to get installed after installing xorg-complete.

For the record, I switched one machine's ${X11BASE} to /usr/local and everything seems to be working fine. Of course, I did this by starting from scratch instead of changing all of the ports over, but it still works fine. :)

flz 11-01-06 04:31 PM

Re: Beta driver: Beryl crashes in libGLcore.so.1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus
I'm using 1.0-9625. I don't think any of the older versions have the GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap. Also, I believe Beryl requires glxinfo to run, but none of the ports under Xorg modular actually installs it. So, I grabbed the binary for glxinfo off of another machine running Xorg 6.9. I think glxinfo has to be built from the Mesa sources now, however, I have never seen a Mesa source tarball containing the code for glxinfo.

It is in graphics/mesa-demos, but it doen't install it at the moment, I shall have a look tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus
By the way, where can I report bugs for Xorg modular? I know Nvidia installs its extensions and drivers into ${X11BASE}/lib/modules instead of ${X11BASE}/lib/xorg/modules, though I haven't gotten around to patching it yet. Also, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to xorg-fonts-encodings-6.9.0_1 in the modular Xorg, so my ports always require it to be installed, which probably shouldn't be the case. Also, I think either xorg-apps or xorg-complete should have xterm as a dependency, since it doesn't seem to get installed after installing xorg-complete.

You can report those problems to me. I'm aware of the nvidia-driver port issue, but that's part of the polishing I'm trying to delay as much as possible. For the encodings port, I've added it yesterday, so this isn't a problem anymore. I'm working on the xorg-fonts-* ports atm, so hopefully they won't be a problem anymore. I wondered about adding xterm to the list of runtime dependencies, but that's not a xorg application.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus
For the record, I switched one machine's ${X11BASE} to /usr/local and everything seems to be working fine. Of course, I did this by starting from scratch instead of changing all of the ports over, but it still works fine. :)

Yeah, same here, no problem. You should post your messages to x11@FreeBSD.org, and I should subscribed to this list ;-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.