nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Alliance in WoW - I've gotta rant :D (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79347)

Son Goku 11-01-06 05:47 PM

Alliance in WoW - I've gotta rant :D

OK, my Paladin is lvl 57, and by now I've seen a fair amount. Some fellow guildies have seen a few things as well; that umm, do people who play alliance have trouble working together? It always seems that the Horde is a bit more organized...

So a friend of mine is in STV (being lvl 37 and stuff); when someone tries to get a raid group together on the Horde base there. He asks if I'll come along, when I came down to help him with an elite quest; and I did. OK, so what I find, this "raid group" is skattered all around the zone willy nilly. No one is organizing, no one is working together, hell no 2 people seem to be in the same spot.

So there's a lvl 58 who kills my friend, who I dismount, res, and go after the 58 (was lvl 56 at the time). All was going well, until 2 lvl 60s ran up (obviously showing their level of organization). Where were these alliance raiding guys? With their heads up their rears, running all around the whole zone. When I said something, a lot of agreement that we should gather together and organize, but umm...no one did. We both left the raid and said f- that :lol2:

In another instance, a fellow guildie was doing AB I think it was; where he was facing an elite commander or some whatever of the sort. As he was going to kill the person, but could have used some assistance, he kept thinking "someone will come". Before dieing he turned around to see 2 alliance guys just standing there watching. When he came back to life, he asked "what the hell?" They were like "afk, afk? Why should I have to fight, when you can get the honor for me".

A couple horde guys were standing there watching this, and were giving a big hearty laugh after all of this :rofl He went off elsewhere, and was like "why should I die for people who only come to BGs to leach off other peeps kills, while not lifting a finger themself.

Is this like, umm an alliance thing? Or do some horde players run into this same inanity?

Monolyth 11-01-06 05:57 PM

Re: Alliance in WoW - I've gotta rant :D

It's the same on both ends, I played Horde for over 2 years (just recently quit WoW), and they can be just as disorganized as anything. I've had groups go into BG's and get plastered and at the same time plastering Alliance. The best thing is to find or create a guild and/or PvP team, it also helps to have voice coms (TS/Ventrilo), getting to know your fellow Alliance in a guild and/or team will greatly increase your enjoyment and of course survivability.

UDawg 11-01-06 06:35 PM

Here is the skinny on the two sides. Horde tend to be a bit older in age and tend to be more relaxed gamers. Alliance tend to be more flashy and younger players. That being said the difference isn't huge but it is just enough to be noticable, of course there are exceptions on both sides.

Keep in mind that at this point in the game, many players are playing alts on the other side as they grew bored with their original side.

What server are you on BTW?

MOTÖRHEAD 11-08-06 07:42 PM

Relax and breath....It's a game not real life. The reason why people don't take a "game" so serious is because well it's a "game". If you are that serious about PvP then either find a PvP guild and only group with them or play a PvP oriented game like Lineage 2, Guild Wars, EVE-Online, etc....

Tyr-Sog 11-08-06 07:44 PM

:D I just had to post this lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Legendary-Accoun...QQcmdZViewItem

Sidric 11-08-06 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolyth
It's the same on both ends, I played Horde for over 2 years (just recently quit WoW), and they can be just as disorganized as anything. I've had groups go into BG's and get plastered and at the same time plastering Alliance. The best thing is to find or create a guild and/or PvP team, it also helps to have voice coms (TS/Ventrilo), getting to know your fellow Alliance in a guild and/or team will greatly increase your enjoyment and of course survivability.

I'd have to disagree with the whole "enjoyment" part. I was on a PvP team for the last part of my WoW career, probably the best on the server. On a normal day to day basis, we rolled everyone. Besides the odd team or two, we'd grab the first 4 nodes in a couple seconds, rush the last one, then camp their graveyard. that may be cool the first couple times around, but it gets old really quick. there is no fun involved, no challenge. and we were getting better gear to what? roll more people? :thumbdwn:

right before I quit, there was word in the patch notes that they were adding a matchmaking system into BGs, based on both the gear you were wearing and the gear in your bags/bank. that may have helped, but at this point I'm not sure I care. WoW, bottom line, is an uphill grind. No matter what you do, what you achieve, the developers will ask you to grind to achieve some more. I'm done with that.

Ninjaman09 11-16-06 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDawg
Here is the skinny on the two sides. Horde tend to be a bit older in age and tend to be more relaxed gamers. Alliance tend to be more flashy and younger players. That being said the difference isn't huge but it is just enough to be noticable, of course there are exceptions on both sides.

Amusingly, the opposite was true on my server. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDawg
Keep in mind that at this point in the game, many players are playing alts on the other side as they grew bored with their original side.

QFT!!

a12ctic 11-23-06 08:21 PM

definatly noticed this.

i just started playing again after a about a year break. i made a new warrior on vashj and every time i get to lvl X9 i tend to run a few bg's. How about this, at lvl 29, in 10 battlegrounds (About 2 hours) i got from unranked, 0 pvp kills to about 250 kills and a seargant. If your lazy to do the math, thats about 25 kills a bg, absolutly pathetic. Its not even a twink. I dont even enjoy it becasue theres nothing to it.