nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone doing Vanguard Beta with a 8800gtx? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80699)

Smee 11-18-06 05:16 PM

Anyone doing Vanguard Beta with a 8800gtx?

Any luck?

The environment looks amazing, however my characters and all NPC's show up as only a wig (can only see their hair walking around)

I know its not optimized yet, but it was playable at least on my 7800's

|MaguS| 11-18-06 05:37 PM

Re: Anyone doing Vanguard Beta with a 8800gtx?

Ever hear of NDA?

Smee 11-18-06 05:41 PM

Oh goodie, the game police are here.

Smee 11-18-06 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Ever hear of NDA?

By the way... Pot paging kettle!

You talk more about Vanguard and it's playability in another thread on these very forums!

nrdstrm 11-18-06 06:03 PM

NDA -
If you ARE in beta, I would suggest you look at the beta forums, wich would be the appropriate place to ask such a question. If your not in beta, you won't find NDA breakers here at NV News...We don't violate NDA's...

Monolyth 11-18-06 06:11 PM

I had an NDA once, but I went to the doctor and got it removed...it was pretty scary.

Smee 11-18-06 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdstrm
NDA -
If you ARE in beta, I would suggest you look at the beta forums, wich would be the appropriate place to ask such a question. If your not in beta, you won't find NDA breakers here at NV News...We don't violate NDA's...

Aye, would have been my first choice to look at the beta forums, they say it can take up to 72 hours for access, it's been over 2 weeks and 5 unanswered emails.

FCGD 11-18-06 11:14 PM

ive never beta'd before, what can they actually do if you break the nda on some forum i wonder? hold the site responsible?

Smee 11-19-06 12:01 AM

Not sure, but I'm unclear as to if I am breaking it, by asking anyone if they have it working with a new video card.

ruziel 11-19-06 12:35 AM

I just checked the forums and it looks like the 8800 isnt working with vg right now. Entire forum is filled with the biggest whiners ever so I didn't feel like searching that hard so I could be wrong. =P

edit: guess I should say it works but with either bad performance or lots of missing textures, like you said. No dev posts that I can see regarding the 8800.

Smee 11-19-06 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruziel
I just checked the forums and it looks like the 8800 isnt working with vg right now. Entire forum is filled with the biggest whiners ever so I didn't feel like searching that hard so I could be wrong. =P

edit: guess I should say it works but with either bad performance or lots of missing textures, like you said. No dev posts that I can see regarding the 8800.

Thanks Ruziel, thats all I was really looking for, If I had my beta access, I would have figured it out on my own.... Just wanted to know if my config had issues...or the game itself.

nrdstrm 11-20-06 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smee
Not sure, but I'm unclear as to if I am breaking it, by asking anyone if they have it working with a new video card.

You should probably read it. It's been stated on the REGULAR forums over and over that merely stating you are in Beta is breaking the NDA. What can they do if they find you broke the NDA? Probably just ban you from VG and all future Sigil Releases, but technically they can sue you (but they wont)...