nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   How does the CDkey/account work in WoW? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81182)

Gaco 11-26-06 08:24 AM

How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Hey all.

I stopped playing World of Warcraft a good while ago and I was just about to throw the game out today since I've heard that Blizzard doesn't accept people selling their accounts/cdkey or whatever. I want to know, is the cdkey tied to a specific account name forever or...?

It just seems like such a waste and I'd happily pass on my game to some poor guy who can't afford it :)

|MaguS| 11-26-06 08:28 AM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
CDKEY is perm tied to the account... the Key you have now is 100% useless...

Gaco 11-26-06 08:54 AM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
CDKEY is perm tied to the account... the Key you have now is 100% useless...

Well can't I just give some guy my accountname/pass then? I mean the ingame characters is totally undependent of the account name AFAIK?

|MaguS| 11-26-06 09:59 AM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaco
Well can't I just give some guy my accountname/pass then? I mean the ingame characters is totally undependent of the account name AFAIK?

Nope, Your ingame character is tied to your account on the realm he was created. So if you give someone your account information they also get access to your character.

Gaco 11-27-06 01:17 PM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Nope, Your ingame character is tied to your account on the realm he was created. So if you give someone your account information they also get access to your character.

Well I don't really care since I'm not playing anymore? Otherwise I could just delete him or something..

Nah sounds too complicated, I'll just throw it out then.. stupid blizzard :(

glObalist 11-27-06 05:10 PM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
You could always sell the CDs + key to another person. He just has to change his billing info and this is where he's gotta be reaaaaly careful as Blizz is very suspicious of sudden billing changes, especially after long periods of account inactivity :D

I did this and the guy I sold it to was a llama, submiting all of his family's credit card numbers to Blizz because he couldn't get the cards working until blizz took action and banned the account. I had to write them an email explaining why "I" had to submit all those different crad #s. It helped for a couple of weeks, then the guy screwed up again but I couldn't be bothered to deal with his problems anymore.

Gaco 11-28-06 03:27 AM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glObalist
You could always sell the CDs + key to another person. He just has to change his billing info and this is where he's gotta be reaaaaly careful as Blizz is very suspicious of sudden billing changes, especially after long periods of account inactivity :D

I did this and the guy I sold it to was a llama, submiting all of his family's credit card numbers to Blizz because he couldn't get the cards working until blizz took action and banned the account. I had to write them an email explaining why "I" had to submit all those different crad #s. It helped for a couple of weeks, then the guy screwed up again but I couldn't be bothered to deal with his problems anymore.

Heh bad for him :p

I don't think it's that unfair actually, I only paid a license for their game, I don't see why I should have the right to sell their game on to others. I've just been accustomed to do this so I'm a little disappointed ;)

Tork64 11-28-06 10:27 PM

Re: How does the CDkey/account work in WoW?
 
Yup, cdkeys are tied to the account and not only that. You cant change the first and last name. This is extremely important because I had to call Blizzard one day and they requested a bunch of information just so i can confirm it was me. I didnt know my information by heart so they asked me to call back when i had all the information. This was pretty funny since It was my own account! I guess this is a good thing cause it protects your account from hackers or whatever. BTW if your account gets hacked, one of the questions they might ask you is the CDKEY # and some previous billing information.

Thats why some people get ripped off on ebay because of this, they sell their accounts and then call Blizzard to change password. Plus, if you want to transfer characters to different accounts you must have the same last name to do so.

I got a 60 Rogue, 60 Paladin, 60 Priest, 60 Warrior and im working on my hunter.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.