nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   nVidia 6600GT + FC6 + Compiz + tv-out (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81914)

mitchell2345 12-07-06 07:31 PM

nVidia 6600GT + FC6 + Compiz + tv-out

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I have installed the nVidia drivers successfully with no errors. When i have only my 17" monitor connected i can turn on compiz (desktop effects). When i enable TV-out i cant.

The TV is connected via component-out @ 720p. I dont care if compiz is on the component but i would REALLY like it on the VGA monitor.

Is the driver capable of running compiz with dual out?

Sometimes i can enable compiz but all it does is crash the window manager. I cant see the close, maximize, minimize options.

Code:

[mitchell@mitchell2345 ~]$ compiz --version
compiz 0.0.13
[mitchell@mitchell2345 ~]$

I think i may need to upgrade compiz but when i do a

Code:

yum update compiz
I am told there is not updates available.

Attached the logs

Thanks,
mitchell

mitchell2345 12-07-06 09:56 PM

Re: nVidia 6600GT + FC6 + Compiz + tv-out

1 Attachment(s)
changed a few things and did some more tests.

if i run compiz here the ouput..
Code:

[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]# compiz
compiz: SmcOpenConnection failed: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
compiz: Screen 0 on display ":0.0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager.
compiz: Screen 1 on display ":0.0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager.
compiz: No managable screens found on display :0.0
[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]# compiz --replace
compiz: SmcOpenConnection failed: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
Segmentation fault
[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]#

when i run desktop-effects

Code:

[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]# desktop-effects
gnome-window-decorator: Screen 0 on display ":0.0" already has a decoration manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current decoration manager.
[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]# desktop-effects --replace
gnome-window-decorator: Screen 0 on display ":0.0" already has a decoration manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current decoration manager.
[root@mitchell2345 mitchell]#

Attached my nVidia bug report.

ioannis 12-09-06 01:20 PM

Re: nVidia 6600GT + FC6 + Compiz + tv-out

I can't tell you much about the problem you are facing with TV-out, but compiz is seriously outdated in fedora's repos.

try building from source. The latest release is 0.3.4. You could even fetch the latest source code from git (0.3.5), if the release still doesn't work for you.

for further details check:
www.go-compiz.org