nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eat your heart out Tikiman. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82012)

Roadhog 12-08-06 08:56 PM

Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Heres some FAST memory for ya.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2885&p=7

Quote:

These new performance records were set on air cooling, so there is still more headroom left with XLC.
1.3Ghz. :D

grey_1 12-08-06 09:12 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
WoW. Just...wow.

buffbiff21 12-08-06 09:25 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
:afraid:


Me want.

stevemedes 12-08-06 09:25 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
ahahah. whip out your visa Tiki! :spank:

J-Mag 12-08-06 11:01 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Do you guys really think it is worth it to buy this high end memory?

I have become disillusioned.

Roadhog 12-08-06 11:20 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mag
Do you guys really think it is worth it to buy this high end memory?

I have become disillusioned.

definitely not. My DDR2 800 is plenty fast for anything I can throw at it.

J-Mag 12-08-06 11:35 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog
definitely not. My DDR2 800 is plenty fast for anything I can throw at it.

I agree.

I think that when it comes to PC performance these days memory is of the least concern. I would buy a faster hard drive before faster memory.

For the gaming ethusiast budget priority when considering performance should be:

1. GPU(s)
2. CPU
3. Hard Drive
4. Memory
5. Mobo

Although I usually rank the mobo higher when considering the full system platform and not just performance.

Roadhog 12-08-06 11:39 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
For me it would go like this.. 1 being the highest

1. Power supply
2. CPU
3. Motherboard
4. GPU
5. Memory
6. Hard drives

J-Mag 12-08-06 11:52 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog
For me it would go like this.. 1 being the highest

1. Power supply
2. CPU
3. Motherboard
4. GPU
5. Memory
6. Hard drives

For gaming performance or for overall?

Are you saying you spend less money on GPUs than Mobos, CPUs, or PSUs?

Roadhog 12-08-06 11:58 PM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mag
For gaming performance or for overall?

Are you saying you spend less money on GPUs than Mobos, CPUs, or PSUs?

no, I just look into the performance more closely. I do alot more of desktop work than gaming.

stevemedes 12-09-06 12:26 AM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Memory is super super important when your o/cing. So im splurging on this build. PC8000 ftw! :captnkill:

Roadhog 12-09-06 12:34 AM

Re: Eat your heart out Tikiman.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemedes
Memory is super super important when your o/cing. So im splurging on this build. PC8000 ftw! :captnkill:

yeah it is, but you can also get cheap ram that overclocks also. :P my ram does 1000mhz w/o a sweat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.