nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   CoolIT Systems Anyone Tried? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84748)

DasFox 01-21-07 04:42 PM

CoolIT Systems Anyone Tried?

I'm considering getting a CoolIT Eliminator, and from what I've been reading these seem pretty nice.

http://www.coolitsystems.com/

Any thoughts?

THANKS

DasFox 01-21-07 05:04 PM

Re: CoolIT Systems Anyone Tried?

slaWter, ahh Swiss man, hehe, I have a friend who lives in Bern.

One day I want to visit him.

ALOHA

DasFox 01-21-07 05:31 PM

I just found this article by Hardocp:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

TiKiMaN1 01-22-07 12:45 PM

I love Coolit Systems products they are awesome. I really loved the Freezone that I had.

asphalt 01-22-07 05:42 PM

I'm with Tikiman1, I love mine as well. Idle temp's at 20C~22C and full load temp's 33C~38C.

DasFox 01-23-07 05:53 AM

I haven't heard anything bad so far....

rudedog 01-23-07 09:49 AM

I have one (freezone) and love it. Currently it's not installed with my latest build (not time)

However they now make two versions:

What's the difference between the Freezone and the Eliminator?
Cooling Capabilities:
Freezone is recommended for CPUs with total heat output of up to 175W. Higher loads can be accommodated but the result will be comparable to water cooling. The Eliminator is recommended for CPUs with a total heat output of up to 125W. The Eliminator is targeted for overclocking nearly any dual core CPU while the Freezone is more than capable of cooling the new quad core kentsfield from Intel.
Make sure you get the correct one for your setup. Also make sure you have a 120mm fan on the back of the case. This is where you need to bolt the main unit to, replacing that fan.

TiKiMaN1 01-23-07 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudedog
I have one (freezone) and love it. Currently it's not installed with my latest build (not time)

However they now make two versions:

What's the difference between the Freezone and the Eliminator?
Cooling Capabilities:
Freezone is recommended for CPUs with total heat output of up to 175W. Higher loads can be accommodated but the result will be comparable to water cooling. The Eliminator is recommended for CPUs with a total heat output of up to 125W. The Eliminator is targeted for overclocking nearly any dual core CPU while the Freezone is more than capable of cooling the new quad core kentsfield from Intel.
Make sure you get the correct one for your setup. Also make sure you have a 120mm fan on the back of the case. This is where you need to bolt the main unit to, replacing that fan.

Dang you replaced the 90mm fan on the unit itself? I would love to see pictures of that.:D I have always wanted to use a 120mm fan instead.

rudedog 01-23-07 11:36 AM

sorry I had that backwards, I mean you need a 9omm fan on the case to be a direct bolt on replacement to the case.

My case had a 120mm fan which I had to adapt to make the coolit fit properly. I had to drill some extra holes in the case, which If I would have known would have been nice, rather then drilling holes into the case with everything mounted already. (metal filings is not good for a MB/CPU/Vid)

Also because at the time I had an extended ATX case (MB mounted upside down with the PS on the bottom) I called and asked Coolit if their product was ok mounted in either direction. They told me it should not matter and it worked fine upside down(hardware pump that is)

TiKiMaN1 01-23-07 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudedog
sorry I had that backwards, I mean you need a 9omm fan on the case to be a direct bolt on replacement to the case.

My case had a 120mm fan which I had to adapt to make the coolit fit properly. I had to drill some extra holes in the case, which If I would have known would have been nice, rather then drilling holes into the case with everything mounted already. (metal filings is not good for a MB/CPU/Vid)

Also because at the time I had an extended ATX case (MB mounted upside down with the PS on the bottom) I called and asked Coolit if their product was ok mounted in either direction. They told me it should not matter and it worked fine upside down(hardware pump that is)

O I see. So you couldn't use the 120mm adapter bracket that comes with it?

rudedog 01-23-07 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiKiMaN1
O I see. So you couldn't use the 120mm adapter bracket that comes with it?

I don't know if it was because of the extended ATX case or the fan size, but i had to drill new mouting holes in the case, which was a pain becaues I had mounted everything already LOL.

Labyrinth 01-23-07 02:07 PM

Nothing but the CoolIT Freezone FTFW!!!! (nana2) (nana2)