nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Just got HDMI Cable in.... TV not taking signal from it (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84895)

Tygerwoody 01-23-07 06:59 PM

Just got HDMI Cable in.... TV not taking signal from it

Well isnt this great. My Cable box doesn't appear to want to use this HDMI connection. I did a search and found this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshmoe
Scott from Cox Technical Support just told me that there is a known issue with the Explorer HD 8300 and handshaking with various TV sets (mine is a Vizio L37) using the HDMI ports. They said there is no resolution at this point and they refuse to add anyone to a list for getting back to us when it is resolved. They say that customer's only option is to check back from time to time, or use the component video cables instead of the HDMI. How do you like that for customer service? I also talked to Vizio technical support, who at first told me that they had never heard of the issue, but when pressed, they then told me that there is a known issue with the explorer box. At least they offered to put me on a list to be notified in case there is a resolution.

Robert

I have the Explorer HD 8300. This post i found is from a year ago. Does anyone know of any fix for this problem I am having? Alot of people are saying it has to do with this HDCP bull****!

evilchris 01-23-07 07:06 PM

Re: Just got HDMI Cable in.... TV not taking signal from it

HDMI is the devil. The **** rarely works properly.

Tygerwoody 01-23-07 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilchris
HDMI is the devil. The **** rarely works properly.

Is there any alternatives to getting this thing working? I don't want to use component if it is degrading my quality.

OWA 01-23-07 07:19 PM

Does your TV have a DVI port? If so, maybe you could use a HDMI-to-DVI cable.

Tygerwoody 01-23-07 07:48 PM

no it doesnt

Now my TV flashes "Your HDTV does not support HDCP. Please use blahblahblah cable to watch televsion".

****ing HDCP. I thought HDCP wasnt going to be active until 2010 or some crap. Great, a big 57" inch TV barely a year old is already worthless.

superklye 01-23-07 07:53 PM

I have the same cable box and have had the same problem occasionally on my roommate's TV (the one about not supporting HDCP). You just have to wiggle both ends (the one plugging into the TV and the the one plugging into the box) a bit and that usually fixes it. It's incredibly weird when it happens, usually because neither the TV nor the cable box was moved.

Marvel_us 01-23-07 07:58 PM

What TV do you have Tyger?

Tygerwoody 01-23-07 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvel_us
What TV do you have Tyger?

Hitachi 57" RPTV 57F510

Ancient 01-23-07 08:47 PM

According to Hitachi your HDTV has HDCP, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm using HDMI on an 8300HD with no problems so unless Cox hasn't enabled the HDMI port on your STB it shouldn't be a problem either.

You can try rebooting the 8300HD. Just hold down the power button on the box until "boot" appears on the led display.

If that doesn't fix it you'll have to try another HDMI cable or give Cox a call.

Tygerwoody 01-23-07 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient
According to Hitachi your HDTV has HDCP, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm using HDMI on an 8300HD with no problems so unless Cox hasn't enabled the HDMI port on your STB it shouldn't be a problem either.

You can try rebooting the 8300HD. Just hold down the power button on the box until "boot" appears on the led display.

If that doesn't fix it you'll have to try another HDMI cable or give Cox a call.

It does have HDCP? You sure? Where did you find this information? Well thats cool if its true. :captnkill:

Anyway, its still doesn't work. I tried what you said. Doesn't work. I even found this link here http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/...ead.php?t=6083 and people are doing ALL KINDS of combinations to get their HDMI to work. Still no go. Don't know what to do. :(

superklye 01-23-07 09:35 PM

Heh, my dad just called me to tell me that the HDMI on his Explorer HD 8300 is no longer working. It would have weird stuff on screen when going between SD/HD channels and then it started just having black screens. He would have to go to another channel and come back and even that wouldn't always get it to load.

He hooked up components and now it's working fine and he can't see a difference so he doesn't much care.

Crazy how it happened shortly after reading this thread. :o

Marvel_us 01-23-07 09:46 PM

Maybe something's up with that receiver?