nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Still can't buy a GeForce FX 5800 Ultra! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8501)

Skinner 03-10-03 09:20 AM

Still can't buy a GeForce FX 5800 Ultra!

Where are the FX(Ultra) cards, do they go to Mars or something, there would be at least a few to buy right now (and I don't count those 2 from best buy)

I searched through the whole internet and I'm still with empty hands, whats gooing one here?

ZoinKs! 03-10-03 09:39 AM

The nv30 based Geforce FX cards are, for all practical purposes, dead. If you want an excellent card right now, get a high end Radeon. If you prefer nvidia for some reason, wait until the nv35 cards are available. Do what all the big oem's are doing and skip the nv30.

volt 03-10-03 10:00 AM

From all major addon manufacturers in April :)

Slappi 03-10-03 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by volt
From all major addon manufacturers in April :)

You know something!!!!! TELL US!!!!! What is it????? A new Chipset revision for the ULTRA??? Are you under NDA??

Skinner 03-10-03 11:11 AM

No doubt the R9700 is the best allround thing to go right now, I have one in my home system, but I'm looking for an FXUltra now.

Dazz 03-10-03 11:35 AM

lol, no the NV35 will be announced in April, god knows when we will get them.

ricercar 03-10-03 12:46 PM

Quote:

Do what all the big oem's are doing and skip the nv30.
Hmm. The three biggest name OEMs I think of--MSI, ASUS, Gainward--have all announced GeForceFX 5800 Ultra and 5800 models.

ZoinKs! 03-10-03 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ricercar
Hmm. The three biggest name OEMs I think of--MSI, ASUS, Gainward--have all announced GeForceFX 5800 Ultra and 5800 models.
The companies you named are AIBs: Add-In Board: companies that make components such as graphics cards.

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer- "A company that purchases components from manufacturers, adds other hardware or software, and sells the systems."

The big oem's are companies such as dell, gateway, ibm, and hp. Look on their webpages. Report back if you find any of them offering the FX 5800, even as an option. ;)

The only oem's with the FX 5800 are smaller, boutique gaming pc companies such as Alienware. Even from Alienware, it's not standard equipment; it's an option with limited availability.

panzaman 03-11-03 08:08 AM

...here we are starting again, "..expect something big coming in April" bits and that, is an echo of what happened last august, then we had to wait for September, then October in november we got some pretty looking pictures of demos, ..then december, then feb, then "oops sorry FX was never meant to be"

Don't get stuck in nVidia hole, buy yourself the best you can with your money NOW. The rest is just hype, is just a mechanism to keeping you from spending money on an ATI product.

Smokey 03-11-03 10:40 AM

I think all Volt means, is that the FX will be fully retail in April by all the big names!

Dazz 03-11-03 10:45 AM

Didn't they say that it would be fully retail by the end of January!!!!

volt 03-11-03 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smokey
I think all Volt means, is that the FX will be fully retail in April by all the big names!
That's correct :)

But in April you will also see something else :p