nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Favorite surround volume setting? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85220)

Zelda_fan 01-28-07 09:53 PM

Favorite surround volume setting?
 
just a simple poll.

I like maxing the volume at the rear speakers. Makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a concert or something.

Redeemed 01-28-07 09:56 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
I prefer to have the speakers balanced. I mean the point of surround sound is to not here two speakers over the rest- but to have it balanced and have certain individual speakers putting out sound that other speakers wouldn't be outputting.

Just my preference. ;)

betterdan 01-28-07 10:10 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
balanced.

Zelda_fan 01-29-07 12:44 AM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed
I prefer to have the speakers balanced. I mean the point of surround sound is to not here two speakers over the rest- but to have it balanced and have certain individual speakers putting out sound that other speakers wouldn't be outputting.

Just my preference. ;)

Well for movies I like it balanced so I can hear the 5.1 surround exactly the way the director intended it to be, but for music (since it's typically mastered in stereo) I like to pump more volume out of the rear speakers to give it more of a "surround" effect.

retsam 01-29-07 01:34 AM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
i like the have the speakers balanced more to the back then the front but not all the way to the rear.

Xion X2 01-29-07 08:27 AM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
I voted for balance, but I actually increase the volume to the rear a little over the front, because it seems by default the rear is quieter. I like to have the full immersion effect going on.

OWA 01-29-07 09:18 AM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
I voted balanced but sometimes I'll set the center at a slightly higher volume than the rest (depending on the type of movie it is).

superklye 01-29-07 04:20 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
Balanced on all.

evilchris 01-29-07 04:30 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
level with dB meter.

Redeemed 01-29-07 07:38 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Well for movies I like it balanced so I can hear the 5.1 surround exactly the way the director intended it to be, but for music (since it's typically mastered in stereo) I like to pump more volume out of the rear speakers to give it more of a "surround" effect.

Okay, I understand what you meant- I actually do the same then. :p

|MaguS| 01-29-07 07:41 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
I said balanced but in reality my rear speakers are abit louder then my front due to them being further away from me and if they were exactly the same volume as the front I wouldn't hear them, so they are slightly higher set so they sound balanced.

evilchris 01-29-07 07:43 PM

Re: Favorite surround volume setting?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I said balanced but in reality my rear speakers are abit louder then my front due to them being further away from me and if they were exactly the same volume as the front I wouldn't hear them, so they are slightly higher set so they sound balanced.

then they are the same volume.

volume is a measurement at a certain point/place.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.