nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   GRAW2 SP demo available on the Marketplace (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85382)

ENU291 01-31-07 08:37 AM

GRAW2 SP demo available on the Marketplace

Just an FYI on the demo brothers! :D

Lfctony 01-31-07 08:57 AM

Re: GRAW2 SP demo available on the Marketplace

Kewl, downloading ASAP! :)

six_storm 01-31-07 09:29 AM

Already? Wow, that didn't take long. Please post impressions.

Lfctony 01-31-07 09:42 AM

Oh how lovely, Gold memberships only. Yay, new ways for MS to gain money...

thor1182 01-31-07 09:46 AM

you could see it that way, but it does give Gold members more reason not to feel jipped when they pay their XBL fee.

Lfctony 01-31-07 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor1182
you could see it that way, but it does give Gold members more reason not to feel jipped when they pay their XBL fee.

And it was fine for so long, and they decide to change it now? Sure, it's because they care about their Gold members. Anyway, no point arguing, I'll get it when it becomes available. It's enough that I pay $88 for each of their friggin' games, not going to pay more for demos...

LurkerLito 01-31-07 10:10 AM

I detest how they handle the demos now. I could see them holding back the demos of non gold members for two or three days, but they made it a week and I think that is way too long.

Gaco 01-31-07 12:59 PM

don't you have to be a gold member to download ALL demos??

OWA 01-31-07 01:00 PM

Wasn't GRAW the one that always looked kind of yellow...like everything had a yellow tint to it or was that just on the PC? If so, that's no longer the case. GRAW 2 looks pretty good from the little I saw when giving it a quick look earlier today.

Edit: Actually, after looking at some screenshots from GRAW that didn't look all that yellow'ish, maybe I'm thinking of something else. So, disregard my above comment.

Lfctony 01-31-07 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaco
don't you have to be a gold member to download ALL demos??

No, a Silver membership meant downloading demos and anything free, no online play. Now the demos are simply delayed one week for the Silver members. Why? Demos help you sell games. Why the heck would you delay them? I don't get their logic. How many people will sign up for Gold just for the demos?

msxyz 01-31-07 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony
No, a Silver membership meant downloading demos and anything free, no online play. Now the demos are simply delayed one week for the Silver members. Why? Demos help you sell games. Why the heck would you delay them? I don't get their logic. How many people will sign up for Gold just for the demos?

You're right, but having a demo one week before adds some perceived value. That's all.

Lyme 01-31-07 03:19 PM

Gold membership is pretty cheap and the service is decent.