nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   And the PS3 price in Denmark is... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85622)

PeterJensen 02-03-07 05:59 AM

And the PS3 price in Denmark is...

So today the official PS3 price was released here in Denmark.

And the Price is (In Danish Kroner) 5.499,- (X360prem = 2700 with a Free game - Wii = 2200).
So thats 960.49,- $ for the PS3 in Denmark and then you need a game and a controller more :thumbdwn:
Sony must be isane.

PeterJensen 02-03-07 06:01 AM

Re: And the PS3 price in Denmark is...

http://ps2.boomtown.net/da_dk/articl...w.php?id=70223

In Danish.

K-1 02-03-07 06:35 AM

Holy crap... almost sounds like it'd be cheaper to import one from the US.

HarpooN 02-03-07 06:54 AM

A holy freakin' grand for a PS3 (nana2)

LOL@Sony (lee63) :thumbdwn:

The announced price for PS3 here in Spain is 599 , so that's 776,39 $ at today's currency :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

H3avyM3tal 02-03-07 07:19 AM

Its about 750$ here in israel. Lame, but were used to high prices lol :D

msxyz 02-03-07 08:03 AM

All those units sold at 429$ in Japan must be hurting Sony badly. Thanks God there is always the good ol' Europe for selling some overpriced crap and recoup the cost.

S.I.N 02-03-07 01:41 PM

Well you do have a higher standard of living.

Apollo 13 02-03-07 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.I.N
Well you do have a higher standard of living.

and you still have these ppl complaining about it and they know things costs more in their country. If Sony sold it to you guys at the U.S or Japan price tag Sony would lose alot of money.

Peoples-Agent 02-03-07 06:05 PM

Everything costs alot more in my Country, but why?
I really want to know, there is no way of justifying it economically or otherwise. It simply is a case of "Rip Off".

I know it's launch will flop over here, nobody is willing to pay those rediculous sort of prices, except for the retarded a-holes.... and there's no mistaking that fact, that is what they are. They are buying a system based on the reputation of the PS2 , having had a PS2 and fail to grasp the concept that the machine is ....a DIFFERENT MACHINE. That has the full failings of an SOB **** smoker if you ask me, there is no getting around that fact.

Peoples-Agent 02-03-07 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Would it have anything to do with import tariffs or trade agreements?

The US and Japan get along pretty well, so I don't think we stick heavy tariffs on goods imported from there, so that might explain the lower US price as compared to Europe.

Though, I don't know for sure....thank God I don't have to pay that much for a console. I'd be pissed.

I wish that were the case, but it's simply down to greed alone.

The UK has good relations with Japan economically , the sole reason they can get away with charging high prices here is simply because... the cost of living is stupidly high anyways, so it's expected.... as if people wouldn't notice. There's a big proportion of pole smokers who think it's perfectly reasonable to charge such a price.

I can get a PAL Premium 360 with six new region free titles for 250 inc VAT , shipping and whatever other taxes they want to throw in.

Compared to 500+ for a PS3.

S.I.N 02-03-07 06:24 PM

Again, higher standard of living. We work more and make less than you guys. No? They have to cut there losses somewhere. With games they have to translate it to like 5 languages so I think we can see added cost there also.

PeterJensen 02-04-07 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.I.N
Again, higher standard of living. We work more and make less than you guys. No? They have to cut there losses somewhere. With games they have to translate it to like 5 languages so I think we can see added cost there also.

Dude, you are way off. The X360prem is half the price of the PS3....