nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any Chance of a Regular Members Forum? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85894)

DaveW 02-07-07 05:23 PM

Any Chance of a Regular Members Forum?

How about a "Regular Members" forum?

It could accessible only to those with post counts over 1000, or have been here for 12 months or longer, or whatever rules you want to implement.

I bring this up because sometimes I want to post things but I decide against it because of the remote chance that my wife or someone at work will read it. Plus crawlers like www.omgili.com index these forums

|MaguS| 02-07-07 05:59 PM

Re: Any Chance of a Regular Members Forum?

hehehehe you perv

superklye 02-07-07 06:36 PM

Heh, I kinda like this idea, too.

Lord knows almost all of us bitch about something we don't want someone to see and it's pretty easy to find if that person knows our username. :o

SH64 02-07-07 07:02 PM

Not a bad idea ... sometimes you want to have conversations & you want to keep the n00bs & trolls away.

J-Mag 02-07-07 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Not a bad idea ... sometimes you want to have conversations & you want to keep the n00bs & trolls away.

N00bs and trolls aren't necessarily weeded out by post count though...

Speaking of the devil, I am a n00b when it comes to many things...

vandalous 02-07-07 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mag
N00bs and trolls aren't necessarily weeded out by post count though...

However, trolls with the high post count are, most-likely, already well-known. If this comes to fruition, I hope it's based on date and not post count. I'm nowhere near 1000 and I'd love to hang out in the "regulars" forum.

MikeC 02-07-07 08:34 PM

I have been thinking about a forum like this for a while. No moderation but I need to think of the rules and how someone is granted membership to this secret forum. :D

SLippe 02-07-07 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
I have been thinking about a forum like this for a while. No moderation but I need to think of the rules and how someone is granted membership to this secret forum. :D

Your e-penis must be larger than your video card? :D

Clay 02-07-07 09:19 PM

I like the idea, kind of like the Stonecutters. :cool:

One way to limit who could get in could be that, starting with MikeC...he could invite others via PM. Those that are invited can then PM other regulars? We'd need more rules of course.

superklye 02-07-07 09:40 PM

That's a pretty good idea. We'll need to get a Stone of Shame though.

And I think there should be a combination of membership length as well as post count, if that's possible.

|MaguS| 02-07-07 09:40 PM

One invite per person and so on? That would be good but you would still need a set requirement, like maybe they need to be an active member for 2+ years?

Redeemed 02-07-07 09:52 PM

I never even knew such forums existed anywhere. :o

I only frequent nVnews, and occassionally AMDZone and then the Codemasters forums every blue moon. :p

I guess it's kind of a cool idea. Not sure what I'd have to say in such a forum. But it could still be cool none the less. :D