nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Relationship between pixels and screen size. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85932)

RupertBanana 02-08-07 10:31 AM

Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
I've heard that to fully exploit 1080i's resolution, one needs a screen size of at least 65inches....is this true?

thor1182 02-08-07 10:40 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
I want to call (bs2) on that

superklye 02-08-07 10:50 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
It depends on how big your screen is and how far away you're sitting from it, though I would say that if your TV is much smaller than 50", 1080p really isn't going to benefit you much.

ENU291 02-08-07 11:17 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RupertBanana
I've heard that to fully exploit 1080i's resolution, one needs a screen size of at least 65inches....is this true?

This can be true depending on your viewing situation. Have you even taken a low resolution picture or video on your PC and blew it up to full screen? I bet it looked horrible but if you actually stood up and walked a few feet away from your monitor it didn't look as bad. The same scenario applies to high definition television. At shorter viewing distances larger screen sizes benefit most from resolutions like 1080i/p.

thor1182 02-08-07 11:39 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
to notice a difference, I can by that, but 1080 is 1080, just different size screens.

Ancient 02-08-07 12:52 PM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
You only need 65 inches or more when having sex with Pamela Anderson...because Tommy's been there already.

RupertBanana 02-09-07 01:26 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENU291
This can be true depending on your viewing situation. Have you even taken a low resolution picture or video on your PC and blew it up to full screen? I bet it looked horrible but if you actually stood up and walked a few feet away from your monitor it didn't look as bad. The same scenario applies to high definition television. At shorter viewing distances larger screen sizes benefit most from resolutions like 1080i/p.

I see.
So by all accounts, 1920x1080 on a 40inch LCD HDTV at 1.8-2mtrs should be an improvement over a 720p panel, not to mention having the ability to playback Bray and stuff.

RupertBanana 02-09-07 01:27 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
It depends on how big your screen is and how far away you're sitting from it, though I would say that if your TV is much smaller than 50", 1080p really isn't going to benefit you much.

Hmmm, ok....is any moniter with a 1080 resolution always 1080p capable?

thor1182 02-09-07 08:49 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
no, it could only be 1080i

superklye 02-09-07 09:27 AM

Re: Relationship between pixels and screen size.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thor1182
no, it could only be 1080i

Yup. My roommate's 30" LG CRT has a 1920x1080 resolution, but it only supports 1080i.

'Tis a shame, but oh well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.