nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at?? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87763)

1337_Like_ThaT 03-08-07 02:08 AM

Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Okay, I don't know about you guys/gays out there, but I'm patiently waiting for some good horror movies to start rolling out on HD. Yes there are some few good titles already, but I'm talking retro rewinds like Halloween, Friday 13th, and George A Romero Series.....Dawn of the Dead (original and modern), Day of the Dead, etc.....

Im loving the Hi-Def collection I own already but being a fan of horror movies just kills me not having these titles yet, having brains splattered and tore apart by zombies on HD is priceless can't wait! :captnkill:

betterdan 03-08-07 07:11 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
I'm with you sir. Horror is my favorite genre and HD DVDs of The Exorcist and TCM would be most appreciated.

OWA 03-08-07 08:03 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Same here. Although I'm really looking forward to a bunch of the sci-fi ones being released also.

Mr. Hunt 03-08-07 08:37 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
I will say this... if Session 9 was released on HD-DVD, I will buy a player purely for that movie.

superklye 03-08-07 09:17 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I will say this... if Session 9 was released on HD-DVD, I will buy a player purely for that movie.

I really liked that movie.

Scared the **** out of me.

Mr. Hunt 03-08-07 09:21 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Yeah... it is an awesome movie... not enough people know about it... one of my favorite movies ever (and directed by the very talented Brad Anderson, who also did The Machinist).

OWA 03-08-07 09:54 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
I've never heard of it. Guess I'll have to check it out.

Mr. Hunt 03-08-07 10:17 AM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OWA
I've never heard of it. Guess I'll have to check it out.

You should... though sometimes it can be kind of hard to find it on DVD (in stores)... just order it online... it is awesome.

GamerGuyX 03-08-07 03:22 PM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
George A Romero Series.....Dawn of the Dead (original and modern), Day of the Dead, etc.....

Anchor Bay does not currently support either HD DVD or Blu-ray at this time.

1337_Like_ThaT 03-08-07 08:24 PM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Anchor Bay does not currently support either HD DVD or Blu-ray at this time.

I figured that was the issue. Hopefully they make a decision on what format to go with soon as I'm really anticipating these releases in the near future

GamerGuyX 03-09-07 04:59 PM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
I figured that was the issue. Hopefully they make a decision on what format to go with soon as I'm really anticipating these releases in the near future

Well the remake of Dawn of the Dead should be coming to HD DVD somewhat soon seeing as how Universal owns the rights to that.

Besides, Anchor Bay is a small company. They can't afford to take a risk like the major studios can with new formats.

betterdan 03-09-07 06:36 PM

Re: Where are all the horror dead movies on HD at??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Well the remake of Dawn of the Dead should be coming to HD DVD somewhat soon seeing as how Universal owns the rights to that.

:barf: They can keep that crap.

I can't wait till Something Weird starts putting out HD DVDs :p I love those freaky cheap ass movies.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.