nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88410)

CaptNKILL 03-19-07 05:00 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread

Post your feedback of the game!

:captnkill:

delas52 03-20-07 06:03 PM

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread

I will probably pick it up once it gets cheap in a few months on gogamer, but it has been getting pretty good reviews.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/540331.asp

From the two big guys:
Gamespot - 8.5
IGN - 8.2

CaptNKILL 03-20-07 06:11 PM

Yeah its been getting lots of great scores from big review sites. :)

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=26395421

Quote:

# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Boomtown - 9/10
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - GameSpot - 8.5/10
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - PC.IGN - 8.2/10
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - GamePro - 4.25/5
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Eurogamer - 8/10
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - C&VG - 8/10
I probably won't have mine for another week at least though. I preordered (imported) the limited edition from game.co.uk.

spajdr 03-20-07 06:21 PM

Alot of stuff is great, that AI sometimes got stuck on tree.
But what is weird, that even on lowest difficulty target need like 3-5 headshots to get killed.

SebC 03-20-07 07:15 PM

Cool :D

I wonder does the game still "skip" (like a pause for a second) regularly as seen in some videos?
Also doesn't seem kinda weird the guy has a high tech PDA :D

WeReWoLf 03-20-07 07:51 PM

It's still not released here in Aust. for another 2 days.

CaptNKILL 03-20-07 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
It's still not released here in Aust. for another 2 days.

Some stores like to release things early. It isn't officially out here either but people are buying it.

You might want to look around at some stores if you get the chance.

Tuork 03-20-07 08:02 PM

I had a go at it the other day and I must say there are a lot of things that I find... dissapointing, to say the least.

First off, graphics aren't that great. I'm not expecting anything uber here, but there were some things (for instance wrists) that look like crap.

Crouching looks like it was done by a 3 year old... typing with his feet.

The concept is pretty cool, but I must say the first impressions left much to be dessired.

EDIT: This was all on a friend's computer, not mine. 8800GTX, 2GB, E6600.

PaiN 03-20-07 08:03 PM

My pre-order will be in and installed tomorow.... and its my day off :cool:

Optimummind 03-20-07 08:27 PM

I agree with the scores from IGN and GameSpot. Myself, I would give it a 8.5.

Pros
(1) The game runs great on my PC. The game is very accurate about what the recommended PC spec is and when I met it, it ran greatly as stated.

(2) Graphics and art design. The textures are detailed, the environment is very well made, and the atmosphere and mood of the game are awesome.

(3) Storytelling style. I like the main quest + numerous side quests approach. Unlike the main quest for Oblivion, I find STALKER's main quest more engaging and interesting.

Not all of the side-quests are fun or interesting but a few of them are pretty cool. I like the sidequests that involves my character to join a band of allies to repel an invasion or to invade an enemy base. Also, some side quests reward you with awesome armor and weapons. For instance, it was the side quests that allowed me to upgrade my body armor to something decent (one is on a cross in the Bar compound and the other was given by the Barkeep after you bring him some artifact).

(4) Shooting ballistics. I agree with GameSpot's take on the ballistics of gunplay. At the beginning of the game, it can be frustrating as your character can't hit worth ****. But, once you find better weapons with greater accuracy, damage, and handling, the shooting becomes more like Far Cry's style.

Cons
(1) Bugs. I've encountered three bugs so far. One of them, I can live with. The other two are very annoying. The one that doesn't bother me much is the one that crashes the game to the desktop only occasionally. Since it happened to me only twice so far, with about 8 hours of gameplay logged, I'm "okay" with it. I'm sure the patches will clean this up.

The other two are very annoying. One bug sometimes accelerates how fast time in the game goes by and it ends up starving your character to death.

The other bug my least-liked one, is when you complete the sidequests and claim your reward, the same sidequests reappear. The NPCs seem to forget that I've already completed the quests but they ask for the same thing over and over again.
-------

Overall, though, I'm highly enjoying this game. I'm not normally into FPS games but I'm hooked into this one. Only if Boiling Point was as good as STALKER.

-optimummind

WeReWoLf 03-20-07 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Some stores like to release things early. It isn't officially out here either but people are buying it.

You might want to look around at some stores if you get the chance.

ROFL the closest game store to me is about 3 hours away.

CaptNKILL 03-20-07 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
ROFL the closest game store to me is about 3 hours away.

Heh, forget that then. :D