nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88500)

1337_Like_ThaT 03-21-07 03:29 AM

Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
March of the Penguins Documentary and Relentess Enemies (also for HD DVD), and Incubus 'Alive at Red Rocks' are coming out 3/27 :D I've been waiting for these titles for some time now, especially Relentess Enemies, National Georgraphic specials look astonishing on broadcast HD, could only imagine how they are on BluRay (nana2)

superklye 03-21-07 07:04 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
I thought March of the Penguins was a Pixar animation (and every time I see/hear it, I think of the NIN song "March of the Pigs" :o)?

Mr. Hunt 03-21-07 07:15 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
I thought March of the Penguins was a Pixar animation (and every time I see/hear it, I think of the NIN song "March of the Pigs" :o)?

March of the Penguins is Warner I think?

EDIT: Wait I am thinking of Happy Feet.. no idea about March of the Penguins.. I think 1337 may have meant Happy Feet though?

six_storm 03-21-07 08:49 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Incubus is coming out on BR? ARGHH!!!!! That's it, that's the last straw with HD-DVD. I'm selling my player for money on an engagement ring, but if I wasn't, I'd sell it just because of that. BR has 10x better titles than HD-DVD and it pisses me off. Guess the most expensive format is going to win . . . :(

superklye 03-21-07 08:55 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
:rolleyes2

GamerGuyX 03-21-07 10:55 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
:rolleyes2

What if NIN: Beside You in Time was exclusive to Blu-ray...

six_storm 03-21-07 11:04 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
What if NIN: Beside You in Time was exclusive to Blu-ray...

For reals . . . I was hoping HD-DVD would pick up on the lame titles and get a good Incubus concert. But then I also knew that they were contracted by Sony . . . so go figure.

superklye 03-21-07 11:19 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
What if NIN: Beside You in Time was exclusive to Blu-ray...

I assume you mean besides the standard DVD release (since I can't imagine anyone releasing something without an SD DVD counterpart) in which case I'd be watching an upcoverted SD DVD.

And if you meant JUST a BD, I guess I'd have to wait for a ripped XviD version to show up on Demonoid.

I'm not going to sell either of my HD DVD players and then spend $800+ on a BD player for a single title.

OWA 03-21-07 11:49 AM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
spend $800+ on a BD player for a single title.

Just $499 or $599 for the PS3 and it's regarded as one of the better blu-ray players. Still, a lot to pay for a single title though.


Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
March of the Penguins Documentary and Relentess Enemies (also for HD DVD), and Incubus 'Alive at Red Rocks' are coming out 3/27 :D I've been waiting for these titles for some time now, especially Relentess Enemies, National Georgraphic specials look astonishing on broadcast HD, could only imagine how they are on BluRay (nana2)

Yeah, I hope the March of the Penguins turns out well. I have the DVD version of it and like it. I'll have to read up on the Relentless Enemies though since I'm not very familiar with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I think 1337 may have meant Happy Feet though?

Maybe so but March of the Penguins is pretty good if you haven't seen it. You might want to rent it though since it definitely won't appeal to everyone.

superklye 03-21-07 12:23 PM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OWA
Just $499 or $599 for the PS3 and it's regarded as one of the better blu-ray players. Still, a lot to pay for a single title though.

There is nothing that could get me to buy a PS3 and if I WAS in the market for a BD player, a video game console would be my last choice as a primary player.

1337_Like_ThaT 03-21-07 12:32 PM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
I knew when buying a PS3 one of my primary purposes for it was for BluRay use because I was in love with sooo many titles exclusive for BluRay already. I would hate being at BestBuy standing looking at the HD DVD titles trying to search for at least one title that is worth picking up, when I would look over at BluRay shelves and easily sees title after title I would want.

Happy Feet is also releasing on the 27th of March in addition to March of the Penguins. It is a Warner Bros. 'Independent Film' as it is still a National Geographic special and produced by NG. I would assume since it is a part of Warner Bros it will be available for HD also but I do not see it on the look and sound of perfect site as upcoming releases...

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3928/blurayxj0.jpg

evilchris 03-21-07 12:32 PM

Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
There is nothing that could get me to buy a PS3 and if I WAS in the market for a BD player, a video game console would be my last choice as a primary player.

I can't imagine a piece of "HT equipment" not having IR or RF. Your only choice to control the player is with a gamepad or a bluetooth remote? lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.