nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   CPUs, Motherboards And Memory (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CPU nomenclature (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89463)

Vanzagar 04-08-07 07:12 PM

CPU nomenclature
 
When looking at all the CPU pricing I can't tell which CPU's are dual and which are quads for Intel and AMD.

http://www.pricewatch.com/cpu/

Could someone please break down the CPU nomenclature... which are all the dual CPU's and which are all the quads (Intel and AMD), also what's the next level coming and will it arrive before xmas?

i.e. Is "core2 duo" 2 or 4 processors (2 x duo = 4?), is all AMD X2 = 2 processors?

Thanks,

rhuala

Bearclaw 04-08-07 07:43 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
If it is quad core it will say Quad core and/or it will look like Q6600, QX6700.

superklye 04-08-07 08:41 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
If it is quad core it will say Quad core and/or it will look like Q6600, QX6700.

Right.

And AMD has no quad-core CPU out yet. They just have 4x4 which is two dual-core FX CPUs on the same motherboard.

Camp0rz 04-08-07 09:05 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
also, don't get any of the intels starting with "e"

that "e" stands for "explosive"

Long story short, my kids are sleeping in the garage because half the house burned down.

On top of that, my wife left me because of it.

just ridiculous.

Bearclaw 04-08-07 09:17 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
Right.

And AMD has no quad-core CPU out yet. They just have 4x4 which is two dual-core FX CPUs on the same motherboard.....

..Which sucks because it is overpriced and so damn expensive for the board and the 2 CPU's. Go with a Q6600. It will suit you fine for now if you are looking for a quad core. THere are massive price drops on the quads that are suppose to happen 3rd quarter this year so watch for them.

ViN86 04-09-07 01:05 AM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Camp0rz
also, don't get any of the intels starting with "e"

that "e" stands for "explosive"

Long story short, my kids are sleeping in the garage because half the house burned down.

On top of that, my wife left me because of it.

just ridiculous.

wait.... what? :confused:

einstein_314 04-09-07 02:19 AM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Camp0rz
also, don't get any of the intels starting with "e"

that "e" stands for "explosive"

Long story short, my kids are sleeping in the garage because half the house burned down.

On top of that, my wife left me because of it.

just ridiculous.

Is there something you want to tell us man? We're here to help!

Heinz68 04-09-07 03:34 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by einstein_314
Is there something you want to tell us man? We're here to help!

I hope he is just kidding, how are we going to get him new wife and house.
On the other hand he might be better off without the wife :)

DiscipleDOC 04-09-07 03:45 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heinz68
I hope he is just kidding, how are we going to get him new wife and house.
On the other hand he might be better off without the wife :)

You guys really need to ignore him. In one of his post in the open forums, he talked about how him and his kid did a line of coke on a hooker's back. I've ignored him ever since.

Camp0rz 04-09-07 05:07 PM

Re: CPU nomenclature
 
...I'm 17.

edit: and I said "ass" not back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.